Author Topic: Command and Conquer 4 announced  (Read 34882 times)

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Re: Command and Conquer 4 announced
I'm surprised how often I'm on the other side of people on this forum.  For example, this, where I'm a die hard mutant supporter (who doesn't like those guys?), and BattleTech where I'm a die-hard Jade Falcon.

That said.  I wish Kane would just die.  Again.

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
I can't see for the life of me what anyone seez in Kane.

Within the narrative, Kane is very popular because he also offers a source of unity in a world that is, quite literally, ending before our eyes.  Also, he preaches a message that reaches the most primitive part of the soul, vengeance, to a populace that wants very badly because they feel like they've been forgotten by the perceived leadership in the remaining few Blue Zones(pristine areas, virtually untouched by Tiberium.)in what became the Yellow Zones(barely habitable) and Red Zones(wastelands, virtually unihabitable) as Tiberium takes over and changes the world.

GDI for they're part are doing what they can, but when you have limited resources, you can't save everyone there isn't enough time or manpower.

What I am most interested in is the "biology" of Tiberium.  Does it only leech minerals and such from the soil and make the green crystal or does it's tendrils reach down into the liquid portions of the planet as well?  We know that it eventually destroys the planet it's been seeded on, but does it do it as part of it's life cycle or does the leeching effect simply weaken the crust until it can no longer hold together against the interal pressures and simply split like a over-inflated ball along one of the seams?
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
I thought it was a terraformer for the Scrin.  They seed it on a planet, and it changes the planet for their residence/exploitation.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
No, I think Tiberium Wars made it clear the Scrin aren't the source of Tiberium, they just follow it about and rely on it.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Eh, I never finished the whole campaign.  I got to somewhere in Italy and just kind of stopped playing.

Speaking of Scrin.... no mention of them in the press release. Not a word. I hope they're still in, they were always a good deal of fun to play as and the narrative was very interesting. It added something very new, and well alien, to the story.
'yo my domestic skillets, who put swarm torpedoes on the Tev bombers?'
~Nighteyes

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
Indeed, it is IMPERATIVE that the Scrin are included.  Also, wouldn't be bad to find out where Tiberium came from.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
http://www.hcl.hr/img/galerija/1701919366-Command-&-Conquer-4-01.jpg

Yuck. What's with all the walkers all of a sudden. And 4 legged ones to boot. Fugly.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
Am I the only one who's more intrigued by the MASSIVE CRASHED SHIP on the left of the image rather than the other units in it?
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Can't see it right now, scrin?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
The word "htnk" just reminds me of a time past, staring at community-created voxels and Rules.ini...

And AI.ini was my biggest fear because I never understood how it worked and/or how to add and edit entries for it... make that one of the reasons for me to move to FS and HLP (this despite most claiming the FS AI being made out of suck or something) :nervous: :shaking:

That aside, this bothers me. :doubt:
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
Can't see it right now, scrin?

Doesn't seem to be, the textures are GDI like.
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Mika

I thought Scrin were as generic as aliens could be. That however, doesn't mean it wasn't fun playing them.

That asides, did anyone ever figure out how did you get good leadership and efficiency with NOD at Tiberian Dawn? Yesterday I played through the last mission of NOD with 0 NOD casualities (either units or buildings), while GDI suffered some 2300 unit casualities and 250 destroyed buildings. Resulting numbers for leadership and efficiency were 3 % and 6 %. With similar numbers in GDI mission, I got the leadership to around 100 %.

So is the used time important in NOD missions?
Relaxed movement is always more effective than forced movement.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Turns out I'm not really liking the co-op system in RA3
Too bad C&C will be a multiplayer based game. I'm sure there will still be singleplayer parts, but that's not it's main selling point. =/

Am I the only one who's more intrigued by the MASSIVE CRASHED SHIP on the left of the image rather than the other units in it?
Maybe it's a building... XD
Certainly doesn't look Scrin.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
That asides, did anyone ever figure out how did you get good leadership and efficiency with NOD at Tiberian Dawn? Yesterday I played through the last mission of NOD with 0 NOD casualities (either units or buildings), while GDI suffered some 2300 unit casualities and 250 destroyed buildings. Resulting numbers for leadership and efficiency were 3 % and 6 %. With similar numbers in GDI mission, I got the leadership to around 100 %.

So is the used time important in NOD missions?

The NOD has a different way of looking at things. You're a good nod commander if you throw wave after wave of your troops at the enemy.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
**** multiplayer...this franchise and most of the other ones that are still going made they're mark by having a powerful single player mode with a decent multiplayer aspect.  You don't get fans still talking about how great a game was 15 years after it came out because it had great multiplayer.  This industry maybe stronger than ever, but I have seen few recent offerings with a coherent engaging tale to be told.  They've all be multiplayer schlock with a token story, or in the case of RA3, three token stories.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
**** multiplayer...this franchise and most of the other ones that are still going made they're mark by having a powerful single player mode with a decent multiplayer aspect.  You don't get fans still talking about how great a game was 15 years after it came out because it had great multiplayer. 

Starcraft? Counter-Strike? Halo?

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Apparently, you are going to have to be connected online for single player, never like programs that do that...

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action

Financial concerns aside:

Halo warranted 2 sequels because of the single player parts.

Counterstrike was a mod for the existing Half-Life multi part, it is now a freestanding IP on it's own, with no real connection to Half-Life.

Starcraft...I don't know where to start with Starcraft...

Multiplayer should serve to keep a game in the public space, but it shouldn't eclipse the story telling aspect of the franchise, which C&C has a rich history of doing.  My comment was directed more at the preeminence that multiplayer has taken, often at the expense of  the singleplayer experience.   You wouldn't have the armies of GDI and NOD to throw at each other without Kane and the rest of the cast.  RA3 is a perfect example of a game that has incredible multiplayer, but the single player is not the least bit compelling in any way other than the scantily clad babes.  Oh and the faux political ads they made with Pres. Ackerman.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
**** multiplayer...this franchise and most of the other ones that are still going made they're mark by having a powerful single player mode with a decent multiplayer aspect.  You don't get fans still talking about how great a game was 15 years after it came out because it had great multiplayer. 

Diablo maybe...
But that's not his point. XD