Author Topic: Joystick Problem  (Read 1237 times)

Hello everyone.  After hearing and seeing this game on youtube,   I had to buy it lol.  I bought and downloaded it from the GOG website.  I downloaded this http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,42854.0.html

The main reason I bought this is because I always wanted to play a space flight combat Sim with a joystick.   My question is,  how to change the axis stuff in the game?.  It does the up,down fine.  But I dont like the other axis. How do i change the bank axis and the roll axis? *if that makes since to you guys/gals*

Im running on XP professional.  Im using the Microsoft sidewinder precision Pro

Please help lol

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Umm. You did read the big, fat warning in that thread, yes? You did the manual install, yes?

As for your problem, I have no idea, since I do not use a Joystick myself.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Yes I did see the warning about the flaws.  But since he said 60,000 people downloaded it.  I decided to take the chance.  Only thing that is messed up is the bank and turn axis configs.  It wont let me switch them

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Please, do yourself a favor and do the manual install. Tureys Installer has caused a lot of headaches recently, due to it not being updated properly. I can guarantee you that your current mediavps install is corrupted (unless you did that one manually), and that you probably do not have the most recent recommended build (3.6.10RC3)
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Ok, go to Options in game, then Control Config, then under Ship you can change what axis is bound to what.  Come on guys I know he needs to do a manual install too but someone should have known the answer before now :/
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays