Author Topic: Medieval RPG?  (Read 5376 times)

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
I'm currently trying to find a good medieval RPG to play but havent had much luck so far, can anyone recommend any good titles (no Baldur's Gate, got that one already ;))?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Baldur's Gate II?  :p

Planescape Torment. I hear The Witcher was excellent.

Offline mxlm

Icewind Dale I&II, Temple of Elemental Evil.

Provided you don't mind dungeon crawls, anyway.
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Summoner is quite good as well.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
ohh I feel like playing NWN online again.... NO! I... must... resist!  :nervous:
el hombre vicio...

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
I second Icewind Dale II, if only because of the books in the same setting.

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Icewind Dale I&II, Temple of Elemental Evil.

Provided you don't mind dungeon crawls, anyway.

How much dungeon crawling we're talking here? Like 99% of the game is a freaking dugeon?

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
40-60%, by time.  The plotline is actually coherent, and interesting, as well as the backstory of the Ten Towns and the denizens of the surrounding countryside.

By area, it's more bordering on 80-90% dungeon crawling.

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Seconding Summoner. It's not the best, but it's good, and it's by our beloved [V]. :D
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
  • It's 5 minutes to midnight.
What are you looking for exactly? Mount&Blade is quite a bit of fun combat-wise (can be really repetitive, AI is predictable but also rather deadly). I've won battles nearly single-handedly by having my forces line up in formation while I go after two dozen cavalry with a Greatsword or a lance of some sort (my favorites are the military scythe and the ashwood pike, actually). The combat's more based around skill and not getting caught vulnerable. Then again, castle sieges are a little bit unfair. Defending is either really easy or really hard. I've had good "luck" defending as I tend to do a little exploit that the AI simply won't, which is to force ALL my troops outside of the castle. For some reason, that gives me a huge advantage and they typically get run over.
NGTM-1R: Currently considering spending the rest of the day in bed cuddling.
GTSVA: With who...?
Nuke: chewbacca?
Bob-san: The Rancor.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I tried Titan Quest, wasn't too bad, but too much doubling back in order to get supplies etc, sometimes you could spend hours wandering back and forth in the same area.

Offline Davros

Two worlds

not in any way medievil but fantastic is bloodlines

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Oblivion.  You can get it pretty cheaply now, if you can find it.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Or wait a bit longer for Dragon Age.

Soon....oh yes, it will be here soon.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Dragon Age will probably have tons of intrusive DRM on it.  I'm not holding my breath.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
no intrusive protection confirmed.

by Chris Prestly
Hi Everyone,

I have some good news to pass on to you today that answers one of the most frequently asked Dragon Age: Origins PC questions.

We’re happy to announce that the boxed/retail PC version of Dragon Age: Origins will use only a basic disk check and it will not require online authentication. In other words, the retail PC version of the game won’t require you to go online to authenticate the game for offline play. We have chosen not to use SecuROM in any version of Dragon Age that is distributed by EA or BioWare.

Some other cool stuff that we hope you’ll like - we have already launched the Dragon Age toolset beta, which offers developer-grade tools, and we’re looking forward to what fans will create with it. We’ll also be supporting the game with a ton of great downloadable content that will be available for purchase after the game’s release. Together these features will provide some very cool reasons to go online with Dragon Age: Origins.

We’re really excited as we head towards the release of Dragon Age: Origins this fall on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC, so keep an eye out for more news as we’ll be providing you with more details shortly.

Stay tuned for more coolness to come…

Okay, I stand corrected.  Dragon Age will most likely be totally awesome, especially if those promised developer tools get released to modders.  I might actually grab it.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I was really excited for Dragon Age, but all the hands-on reports so far, as well as the trailers they've shown, aren't looking too good.  :(

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR

Heard the Witcher was like an MMORPG with all the good parts gutted.
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!