Author Topic: Alan Wake PC version canned  (Read 1915 times)

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
Alan Wake PC version canned
Seriously, W.T.F.?

Five years or so ago the game was used at an intel demo to show the potencial of their quad core processors, it was being developed for the PC (by Remedy which makes PC only games, Max Payne games were ported by different companies) and only after a while was XBox 360 support added. Then they slap the Vista only sticker on it. And now this?

Seriously...
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Re: Alan Wake PC version canned
Bastards.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Damn, that was one of the few games of that type that had actually sparked my interest :(

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
Thanks guys, well done. :yes:

AW was one of the few games i was waiting for, ah crap.
I stopped reading right after the 5th or 6th post, which says M$ is the publisher, FT! 
They did the same with Halo back then, and it didn't help the game.
I certainly not going to buy a X****-Box to play that game, should the dip****s...idiots...publisher
really decide not to release a PC version.

I hope M$ isn't touching MW 5 with it's filthy paws.

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
* Mefustae gazes at the Xbox360 sitting on his floor 2 meters away.

* Mefustae smiles.

Offline TESLA

• 1.21 gigawatts!
* Mefustae gazes at the Xbox360 sitting on his floor 2 meters away.

* Mefustae smiles.

First sign of madness
In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced
to talk to God.

There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened.

Offline Narvi

It's probably going to be some cut-down consolified version anyway. I doubt that all the features they were previewing are going to show up on the 360.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
It's probably going to be some cut-down consolified version anyway. I doubt that all the features they were previewing are going to show up on the 360.

We can only hope that they've put the PC version on hold because it has so much more content than the X-Box that it's best to get the Engine fully tested via 360 Gamers before releasing the 'real' version ;)

Offline mxlm

They did the same with Halo back then, and it didn't help the game.

Sure helped Bungie's bank balance.

Mind, I thought Halo was an average FPS that the console gamers were taken with because...well, I don't know why. Because.
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Because the story was better than any of the other mediocre FPSs back then.  And it had rechargeable health.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Because it was fun?