Author Topic: FreeSpace Open 3.6.10 Offline Installer, FS Campaign Pack v2.0 & FS DVD Kit  (Read 67992 times)

Offline Ticcer

Re: FREESPACE OPEN SCP 3.6.10 OFF-LINE INSTALLER, FS CAMPAIGN PACK v2.0 & FS DVD KIT
Are there any mirrors up for the extra campaigns?
I'm having some trouble with megaupload, not sure of the error exactly, I just keep getting 'this page cannot be displayed' after I click the 'regular download' button.
It could be my awful connection, that'd be the most likely culprit, but I'm not sure; ideas?

I'm using JDownloader a lot more these days.  Works brilliantly with automating Megaupload downloads and a whole load more free file hosting services.

See
Code: [Select]
http://jdownloader.org/
I've downloaded the FreeSpace Open 3610 off-line installer - parts 1, 2, & 3, and the FS Campaign pack v2.0 (I chose Options 1 & 2 from the top of this thread). So far I understand that all the media packs, etc. that I previously had had to download using the old 3.6.10 installer back in July of 2009 are all included in these new files that I've d/l tonight and that after I install tonight's d/l stuff on top of my FreeSpace 2 game (once I get my new PC*) that I d/l from GOG.com, I won't ever have to d/l anything else, plus I'll be able to simply install everything on top of FreeSpace 2 from GOG.com, next, I'll be able to archive everything by burning my main FreeSpace 2 folder onto a blank DVD, right?
Actually, if this pack hasn't been updated since its release, it does NOT contain the newer version of the 3.6.10 MediaVPs, so you'll have to download those from the MediaVPs release thread at the FreeSpace Upgrade Project board. Or at least the patch for the MediaVPs.

But once you do have a working installation of FSO on your computer, yes: you can simply burn the entire \freespace2\ folder onto a DVD (if it fits) and you'll have your backup right there. When the time comes, just punch that DVD into a computer, copy the folder onto the harddrive, run Launcher.exe and that's pretty much it.

So, HAS this installer been updated??  I downloaded it, installed it and also downloaded the updates since it's release.  It has Launcher 5.5e in it and the executables look the same as the updates, V1.03.01 in the 'Product Version' box under properties (Win)

Also the MediaVP's seem the same... Same file sizes and the updated ones show modified date of 9th August where as the ones in this pack show 12 August.

Game loads without incident.

If some one can confirm whether this package is up to date (Obviously, save for the new 3.6.12 RC2) it would be helpful.

Cheers

Ticcer

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: FreeSpace Open 3.6.10 Offline Installer, FS Campaign Pack v2.0 & FS DVD Kit
The online installer is up-to-date with the latest stable (as in, feature complete and released as finished) versions of everything it can install (The Blue Planet Director's Cut not included, unfortunately).
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline neogoki

short update on "Win 7 & FSO":
I played by now:
The FS port
FS 2
FS TSR
on problems at all, played on 1920 x 1080 resolution

In Derelict the game once froze mid-mission, but the next time was error-free
(all included in Option 1 of this Thread)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Unstickied this for the time being, due to it being severely out of date. Can someone make an update?
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

When downloading is complete in both IE and firefox throws me an error that DISCHARGE "failure"
Why?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
When downloading is complete in both IE and firefox throws me an error that DISCHARGE "failure"
Why?

Why would you want to use this? It's wildly out of date.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Why?

Aren't all the Installers out of date?

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Except the Java one, it's just not always working nicely.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Why?

Aren't all the Installers out of date?

No, Turey's is up to date (just a bit shaky).

Is there any mirror or site where download the "FS CAMPAIGN PACK v2.0 & FS DVD KIT" because Megaupload its dead?

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i don't know of one, but there is a pretty much comprehensive list of campaigns with their direct download links here

you're also far more likely to get a working version from there than this REALLY old pack.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
There is no reason to use this pack, it's way out of date.

Ok thanks