OK, so I've done as much as I can to get FSO installed and configured properly, but have hit a small snag. Here's what I have done so far:
1. Purchased and downloaded FS2 via GoG
2. Downloaded the 3.6.10 FreeSpace Open build and Soulstorm's Launcher from http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,64520.0.html
3. Downloaded the 3.6.10 MediaVPS from http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,65038.0.html
4. Downloaded the cutscene files from http://www.freespacemods.net/download.php?view.128
5. Copied my "Freespace 2" folder from a Windows machine to "\Applications\Freespace 2\" on OS X
6. Copied "FS2_Open-3.6.10.app" to "\Applications\Freespace 2\"
7. Copied Soulstrom's launcher to "\Applications\Freespace 2\"
8. Copied the Mediavps to "\Applications\Freespace 2\mediavps\"
9. Copied the cutscenes to "\Applications\Freespace 2\data\movies\"
10. Double-clicked on "\Applications\Freespace 2\FS2_Launcher"
When the launcher loads I get an error stating:
"Flag file not found! It appears that the application you have selected is not valid, the flag file that it produces in order to make the UI and other things cannot be found."
My Mac's specs are as follows:
Machine: 2009 13" MacBook Pro
Graphics chip: Nvidia 9400m
RAM: 4GB DDR3
OS: OS X 10.5.8
Also, I did not patch the program while on windows (forgot) is GoG's version the latest?