Author Topic: Prometheus A  (Read 2339 times)

Offline Solatar

Sorry if this has been answered before, but what's with the Prometheus A? It appears to be identical to the Prometheus S from FS2. What's it doing there?

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
What, it doesn't have a tech room blurb?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Spoiler:
Some weapon used on the gun turrets in ST:R?

:doubt:

=X
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Designed as a special-issue upgrade to the standard Prometheus, the Prometheus A retains the compatibility of the original while delivering a higher rate of damage at a greater projectile velocity.  These advances come at the cost of a slight increase in energy consumption, but many pilots feel that the tradeoff yields a net benefit.  This weapon's deployment is currently restricted to GTI pilots on specially authorized missions.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Solatar

I have been suitably slapped... :P