Author Topic: NEXUS 2, when was it cancelled ?  (Read 6040 times)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Re: NEXUS 2, when was it cancelled ?
I meant an inventory. Like each thing you buy could go in a store to be used and kept for free when unequipped.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Yeah that part of Nexus was a bit suck.
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
nah, actually not. Because it was not money, it was work time. Depending on your current location and the status of whatever location, they had more or less time for your fleet. You don't buy, you order the support guys to equip your ships. Also, there was no almighty shop, you had to work with they had in the supply chambers and the nano-technology of the Anglewing (if you install any item in the Angelwing at least once, the ship's systems can recreate that item and there is always at least one of it in the cargo hold).
During missions were you were on your own, there was no reequiping.
I really liked the system.
And yeah, there is the undo button. Also, you can just load your game.

You know, I think I am going to replay it again. Once again. Hell, how many times do I have replayed that brilliant game already?
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I'm doing it right now, and really enjoying it.

I found the registry hack to let you run it at widescreen resolutions, and although the briefing text usually shows up offscreen, everything else is fine.

Just got out of the Earth-Noah wormhole and I'm adapting to the new tactics. Made the mistake of taking lasers for a little, but it's pretty clear e-shell/railgun combos are the way to go right now.

Offline Vidmaster

correct. I hope you choose at least the second difficuty setting (and patched the game before).
The easy setting is a joke, no tactics needed.

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Played through it before. I'm redoing it on Experienced.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
correct. I hope you choose at least the second difficuty setting (and patched the game before).
The easy setting is a joke, no tactics needed.

I've only played through it the once, either on Easy or the next one up, and I got my ass handed to me in more than a few missions until I started thinking things through.  The second to last mission and those ****ing missile battleships in particular... argh.  I want to know how their missions made it through the fighters and best flak systems every single time, and mine didn't so much as scratch them.  I finally had to resort to dual siege lasers to knock them out and then concentrate on the Gorg.

At any rate, while some missions are a little too easy, the rest are a reasonable challenge even on easy.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Vidmaster

yeah, the second to last mission, the big final fleet battle above Earth before you *spoiler*...     ...wonderful.

Experienced is the second setting and should be the default one. After one runthrough, you should only play professional. To be honest, it doesn't change much or makes the game more difficult, the main change is the amount of points to upgrade.