Author Topic: Mousewheel problems  (Read 1799 times)

Does anyone else have a problem when using the mousewheel in games?

For example, many games you can use the mouse wheel to switch weapons. Or zoom in.
But the problem is, whenever I use the thing my character (first person) looks at the ground. or in some other random direction. It's very disorientating obviously making it completely useless.

But I'm playing AVP2 right now as the Predator and would like to be able to use that zoom on the mouse without having to hit the keyboard.

The mouse isn't mapped to any other keys as far as I know so I don't know what the issue is.

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
When you scroll while your mouse is on the desktop, does your pointer move a few pixels in some random direction?

When you scroll while your mouse is on the desktop, does your pointer move a few pixels in some random direction?

No. On my desktop the cursor doesn't move.
On Firefox it scrolls the webpage (as it should be).

Just in games it doesn't do what it's supposed to do.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Type? Model? Driver version?

Does it do this with all games, or just old ones?

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
I generally over wheel with my Deathadder. But it has the Blessing of Kanetm!
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Hmmn, I'll have to test it to give you some info as I'm a little busy right now doing some work.
But as far as I know it happens for most games. Happens with both mice, one's a Dell with cord. The other one which I use pretty much all the time now is a wacom graphire tablet mouse (the pen is resting in it's little housing during games).

Silly question: Have you tried looking at how its set up in the games controller options?

Edit: Because some mice have differant profile settings that will override a game's default controller configuration BUT u can reset this in the game's controller menu.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 03:31:51 am by Dark Knight »
The needs of my belly, outwiegh the needs of the few.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I can only use the mouse wheel for zooming, it's one of those 'fluid movement' ones that doesn't 'click' when you roll it, so using it to change weapons would be a bit of a lottery.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
I can only use the mouse wheel for zooming, it's one of those 'fluid movement' ones that doesn't 'click' when you roll it, so using it to change weapons would be a bit of a lottery.
Now you know how I feel when scrolling through my disciplines in Vampires.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!