Author Topic: KOTOR is now on Steam  (Read 2071 times)

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
For everyone like me that didn't have it already.  $10.  Can't go wrong there.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

This a hot **** game or what?

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Glad to see LucasArts is unloading their back catalog on Steam. I hope they release Grim Fandango in HD.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Rhymes

• Galactic Mediator
  • Fatum Iustum Stultorum
Does it run on Vista without being a tempermental pain in the ass?
If you don't have Knossos, you need it.

“There was a button," Holden said. "I pushed it."
"Jesus Christ. That really is how you go through life, isn't it?”

Offline Narvi

Glad to see LucasArts is unloading their back catalog on Steam. I hope they release Grim Fandango in HD.

I hope they fix that hyperthreading/dual core problem.

Remember Beyond Good and Evil, which ran so badly on dual core systems because the engine was so primitive? I shook my fist in futile rage at Ubisoft for that.

I hope they fix that hyperthreading/dual core problem.

Remember Beyond Good and Evil, which ran so badly on dual core systems because the engine was so primitive? I shook my fist in futile rage at Ubisoft for that.

I've been considering getting that from GoG. Is it fixed for newer systems I wonder??
GoG seems to do a little bit to make them compatible.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Uh, wouldn't that problem be solved by opening task manager and setting process affinity to one core only? That's what fs2_open does and sets it by default.

Offline Narvi

It's an engine problem. It can be fixed by default single core affinity on some systems, but not on all of them. Whether the fix works is really a toss of the dice, though I think it works better on newer systems than on mid-range ones.

Uh, wouldn't that problem be solved by opening task manager and setting process affinity to one core only? That's what fs2_open does and sets it by default.

Oh right I had to do that for the Thief games.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
How do yu get KOTOR2 to run on Vista :3 ?
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Can't speak for KOTOR2, but I'm running the original on Vista x64 in XP-SP2 compatibility mode.  Experiencing the odd crash here and there, but nothing ridiculous.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
Can't speak for KOTOR2, but I'm running the original on Vista x64 in XP-SP2 compatibility mode.  Experiencing the odd crash here and there, but nothing ridiculous.
the game always is a little crashy in my expirence... :doubt:

Offline Rhymes

• Galactic Mediator
  • Fatum Iustum Stultorum
The game crashed every two hours or so for me.
If you don't have Knossos, you need it.

“There was a button," Holden said. "I pushed it."
"Jesus Christ. That really is how you go through life, isn't it?”