Author Topic: Larger Ship Images  (Read 3549 times)

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Hello, all.

Recently, I've been uploading images on user-made ships like the Vishnan Sacred Keeper, the AJ Akrotiri, the GVB Amun Mark II and the PCD Saturn. And then I went to look at the images used for canon ships and I felt that I should probably upload newer and larger versions of them as well. Zacam said that I should upload an image of the ships in their retail form first before uploading an image of them in their current MediaVPs format. It's a lot of work (not that I'm concerned since I'm still on vacation), and it may result in a lot of unused files in the wiki's database.

Should I go ahead and carry out replacing the images, or should I leave it as it is?

My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Go ahead. Unused images can be tracked down rather easily through Special Pages.

But if the images are indeed big, give up on using the {{shipimage}} template and use the standard Wiki image code. The shipimage template wasn't made for such big images in mind.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Well, if you want an idea of how big all the pictures I'm going to upload are, check here. I'm not sure if that's too big for {{shipimage}} or not. :nervous:
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Well, if you want an idea of how big all the pictures I'm going to upload are, check here. I'm not sure if that's too big for {{shipimage}} or not. :nervous:

Don't see why not. It's the standard I used for all of the ships I uploaded.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
The Aktrotiri is supposed to be a carrier (ACa).
It's labeled as such in INFR1, the original source.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

The Aktrotiri is supposed to be a carrier (ACa).
It's labeled as such in INFR1, the original source.

Erm, it is labelled as such on the wiki http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/ACa_Akrotiri
AG has simply added info from additional campaigns, including one where it's listed as a Juggernaut. (I won't say which incase you've yet to play that campaign)

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Oh good.
Sorry, I just wasn't reading properly then I guess.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================