Bumping this with a new video.
NCSoft has released a new trailer called Aion Visions into the tubes (also called as Aion 3.0 or Aion 2.0 depending on who's calling). It shows how Aion will look like in the future (visually and gameplay wise aswell) if/when they manage to implement all the new features into the game.
People at AionSource have been analyzing the trailer and made a list what they have noticed to be the possible new upgrades. And this is all just speculation at this point since no official patch notes have been made in public. Apparently the only thing that the NCS representatives have said is that many of the seen features in the trailer are coded and working, but how working is the real question. Also one of the rumors is that Korea might get at least some of the new features on this winter... we'll see when the time comes.
Anyway here's the list:
- Upgraded Graphics! DX10? Dynamic lighting and overall crisper visuals
- New Zones! We saw a dangerous jungle, a vast living desert, an underwater city and world, and residential zones outside of the major cities!
- Dynamic Weather and seasons! Falling leaves, Accumulating and melting snow!
- Player Cities! Customizable houses and skins, multiple styles, customizable furniture and layout, city bulletin board, city decor. Did we see anything about legion halls?
- Mounts! One and two person mounts of at least 5 varieties, mounted combat, creature taming abilities.
- Improved Combat! Fluid motions, collision detection, unarmed combat, new weapons (Crossbow and Whip) and abilities! Finishing moves?
- New Classes? Fans have speculated Monk and Tamer classes.
- Player City Sieges! Bring the fight right to the doorsteps of your enemy! Houses appear to be destructible! Summon a Colossus to help? New defensive siege weapons- Aether Cannon?
- Vehicles- Boats were shown in front of player cities and also as a means to reach the underwater areas, but can players own and control them? Airships were also seen bringing a player to the city siege.
And here's the video.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PAM0wr7cZ8
Personally... I had this goofy Joker like grin on my face during the whole flick. It made me really hyped. After sleeping one night I'm still hyped but thinking realistically all those new features are all nice and cool but what truly matters on this point is that will there be more quests and are the people at NCS gonna keep up banning the bots (16.000 accounts got the Banhammer on this week... which is nice). Nevertheless... I'm still hyped as heck