Author Topic: Which star systems are Terran? Which ones are Vasudan?  (Read 5083 times)

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Re: Which star systems are Terran? Which ones are Vasudan?
Well, the T-V war was supposed to be about 14 years long by the time the Great War started, no? If you want to make a mod for the Port, having an idea of "who-owns-what" may be pretty important.

However, I'd like to assume by FS2 it didn't matter as much as, hopefully, the Terrans and Vasudans would be more integrated as a society. Or... something like that.

Oh I know it's important to people here. I think :v: wasn't concerned with who had what system so they didn't bother working on it.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Come to think of it, I feel like there was a command briefing .ani in the first mission or two of FS1 that showed the general breakdown of Terran, Vasudan, and contested systems.  Now those briefing animations unfortunately weren't labeled, but if the general system layout matches that of the official FS1 node map, you'd presumably be able to match them up.

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
From the FS1 command briefing ani (starmap 2 I think), right before the purple wave of destruction hits.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
There's so little labeling that the ANIs are all but useless.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
from what i can see sol and vasuda have 1 or 2 system between them depending on node layout

[edit to add image]

here is a map i have compiled from swashmebuckle's images

« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 05:11:44 pm by headdie »
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
    • http://www.angelfire.com/games2/fsarchive/index.html
I remapped the nodes.  Here:

Red is Vasudan, green Terran, Yellow contested.  This represents who CONTROLS the system as the Shivans started their rampage, who was settled where is never expliciatly stated.

That said, Regulus became the core of one of the GTA's fragements, so we can figure that system had a sizable Terran population and was under Vasudan control at the time.  After that, one can only guess.
Warpstorm  Bringing Disorder to Chaos, And Eventually We'll Get It Right.

---------

I know there is a method, but all I see is madness.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
If you can "validate" that map to a good degree or get general approval for it, it would probably be a good idea to post it on FS mods. If it can be arguable as bearing some degree of accuracy, campaign designers might find it highly useful in the future.
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
I find the map illogical. The contested systems should be on the T-V border, not way off across the map from either of them. Pakistan and India fight over regions on their border, not in southwestern China.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I find the map illogical. The contested systems should be on the T-V border, not way off across the map from either of them. Pakistan and India fight over regions on their border, not in southwestern China.

If you'll actually look at the node network, you'll notice that is the border. The reason all those other systems besides Vega/Antares are contested is because of the Vasudan backpath to them via Regulus.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
    • http://www.angelfire.com/games2/fsarchive/index.html
If you can "validate" that map to a good degree or get general approval for it, it would probably be a good idea to post it on FS mods. If it can be arguable as bearing some degree of accuracy, campaign designers might find it highly useful in the future.

Thaeris, headdie and swashmebuckle just did that, I had compiled that map from what they just worked on.  Only odd one is that Alpha Centuari is listed as Terran in the AVIs, but given the node network, that's unlikely (and illogical).
Warpstorm  Bringing Disorder to Chaos, And Eventually We'll Get It Right.

---------

I know there is a method, but all I see is madness.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

Those systems are all on the border.

That map is really great, makes sense to me.  :yes:

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Adhara also definitely became a Terran system. Also, Woolie Wool, there's no Procyon-Vega node, so you might need to edit your map a touch.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Red is Vasudan, green Terran, Yellow contested.  This represents who CONTROLS the system as the Shivans started their rampage, who was settled where is never expliciatly stated.

That said, Regulus became the core of one of the GTA's fragements, so we can figure that system had a sizable Terran population and was under Vasudan control at the time.  After that, one can only guess.
Perhaps a reason for their hatred of Vasudans.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
There's some potential for great fiction in that statement, Snail.  :yes:
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke