Author Topic: Bearbaiting mission flaw?  (Read 1802 times)

Offline ShivanSpS

Bearbaiting mission flaw?
I was doing this mission today, i was doing everything as i do genarally, alpha to destroy the rear LRED, Delta to the left flak, me to the first downside beam, thend estroy right flak, ream, destroy remaining two beams.

This part was fine, all 4 beam, flak and LRED destroyed.

Now for the Demon, as it arrived i order to engage all, since the deamon entered first, every1 ignored the fighters (this is another AI flaw, since i think fighters should always give top priority to fighters and bombers and not big targets), i destroyed the beam atacking the Thebes with a Helios, then disable it with another Helio, and AI destroyed another beam, and it was at about 9% after this, i launched the remaining two helios at the last beam, im not sure if the beam was destroyed before the deamon was destroyed.

The objectives says it was accomphised. Then command say to return to base, the 4 Shivan fighters where still alive so we killed them, and i finished the mission.

In the debrief i got a "But you also helped to eleminate the Beleth... etc"

And then, "A Vasudan never leaves the field of battle whiout authorisation... etc", mission failed... wtf  :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :eek2: :eek2: :hopping: :lol:

Offline sigtau

• unfortunate technical art assclown
Re: Bearbaiting mission flaw?
It's rather bad mission design.

You also need to destroy all enemy fighters after blowing up the Beleth.

That means ALL of them, until Command explicitly tells you to return to base.

I fell victim to this bug multiple times, don't worry.
Who uses forum signatures anymore?

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I feel like there's another wing of Shivan fighters that jumps in right at the end of the mission, so if you left before they arrived, the goal to destroy all of them wouldn't have been marked as true.  I know I've been burned on that particular annoying quirk at least once myself. :p

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I got that once myself. They arrived right after the warp hole in front of my ship opened, so I couldn't abort the jump. :mad:
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
THe last shivan wing has two waves...I've made that mistake myself. The annoying thing was thar Id FINALLY managed to get ALL 6 Sathanas objectives as well :mad:
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Hasn't this bug been fixed in the media VPs version of the mission?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
The last time I played Bearbaiting was on 3.6.9. There was a slight delay, but not as long as it was in retail, and in any case, I already knew that I had to wait for Command to tell me to leave.

You could say that it's our fault that we failed the mission last time. Remember what the Instructor said:

Quote from: Instructor on Returning to Base, Training Simulator Module TSM-103C
Do not leave the field of engagement until you have been told to do so.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?