Author Topic: DVD 2.0 - Do you have content?  (Read 15282 times)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
DVD 2.0 - Do you have content?
I probably should have kept better track but with everything going on I failed to do so.  There will be a second DVD which will be the original DVD with any updates and new content added.  What we need to know is who has content that has changed since DVD 1.0?  This can be missions, campaigns, models, movies, sound/voice, screen shots, textures, background, graphics, just about anything.  If you are unsure if it qualifies list it anyway and we will let you know.  

One thing I would like to see included in this version are Mac and Linux options or at least the files necessary to run it under them after installation.  

Here is what I have found so far:

Campaigns/missions/mods:
-Drums of War
-Fortune Hunters Trilogy
-Guardians of Light Demo 2
-High Poly Aurora mod
-HTL Container mod
-Human Narn First Contact single mission
-Operations 3.0
-Recolored Civis mod (table and .pofs only rest is in Zathras)
-Shadow dancing single mission
-Skullar's alternate mainhalls and debriefing mod
-Stellar cartography (if it's ready)
-Zathras latest version

Other stuff:
-Background template missions
-TBP Font

Pictures/Videos:
-HD Video Pack (Ultimate gauntlet, EMW, Shadows)
-Screen shot winners
-Misc pics I have lying around

Not sure about:
E's Option menus mod
E's interface template mod
0rph3u5's mission scripts
EAS Janus stuff.  (may just add the Nova-X to Zathras)

Please if you made any of these post or send me a link to the latest.  If you have something not listed do the same.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 12:01:28 am by FUBAR-BDHR »
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Revan

• Sith Master
Re: DVD 2.0 - Do you have content?
Will Zathras be in like now as mod? Or is it possible to include the Zathras-Fixes in the Core?

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
as far as i understand Zathras will remain as a mod , as changing the core files is not possible...
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
exactly. Revan just asked me something pretty similar and my answer equals a holy law regarding this question.
THE CORE IS FINAL. ZATHRAS WILL BE USED.

Zathras provides an easy way of fixing things, adding things, supporting things. Zathras will be used. End of Story.  :)

Regarding content:
- FH2261 obviously  (will probably make a new version for the DVD)
- Operations 3.0
- the patched Zathras or even Zathras 2.0, depends on what FUBAR and I discover until the new DVD content deadline.
- Drums of War Trilogy. Was there one blocker left? I am not sure, need to find the thread or ask Orph.

There is also that neat Beta Mission from the unfinished campaign "The Relic" which should go directly into the "Unfinished" folder of course  :)  Damn, it was really good, a shame that it has not been released.

Anything else?
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Well with the new Vidmaster.vp for Zathras and 2 pretty big ship fixes it will probably be a Zathras 1.1.  Not enough there to warrant a 2.0 unless I really get on the ball and get some more work done.  We'll have to remove that from FH for the DVD and put it in right.  Any updates to DC since the first DVD?

I'd also suggest repacking the X-mas pack without the stuff that went into Zathras.  No sense in having duplicates.  That should go on there as well. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Vidmaster

I'd also suggest repacking the X-mas pack without the stuff that went into Zathras.  No sense in having duplicates.  That should go on there as well. 

Indeed.

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline ttw2

so it was a waste to get the first version of the DVD?

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
No there will be an update path to the new one from it and there is currently no time frame for release of DVD 2.

Offline Vidmaster

Which will probably be rather streched far into the future :lol:

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
:bump:

Is this anywhere near a release?  I'm about to put the 1.0 DVD up on gameupdates.org and I'd like to put version 2.0 up instead if it's almost done.  ;)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Nope not even close.  Pretty much still in the file gathering stage. 

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
So long as it gets here, I'll be very happy.  :nod:
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Vidmaster

It will. We are hoping that the primary highlights will be Zathras 2.0 and voice-acted Fortune Hunters Trilogy.
Conclusion: DVD = KICK-ASS!

Is my campaign good enough to get in? cause the second one i'm making is pretty much in the same format.

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=67238.0
AN S&M VERSION OF STAR TREK: BEAT ME UP SCOTTY!

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
We don't really judge the content.  If it works and follows the guidelines it gets in.  

On a side note I still need to get some time to try that thing.  

Offline Vidmaster

We don't really judge the content.  If it works...

Exactly  ;7    Still, from what I've played it does. Still need to finish it, so little time...

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Do you want Babylonian History X for the DVD?  ;7
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
If you wish to release it then yes we already have it and can add it to the DVD.  Same goes for POB.  Mission 3 still needs some work as I never finished the dynamic difficulty on that one.  If you want people to play them that is up to you.   

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
I have not forgotten about you guys, I'm just still really tied up with real life and other major modding projects.

I have a little preview of the new TBP DVD Menu tho  ;)

hip63 :P
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 11:36:43 am by hip63 »
operator: "So what do you need? Besides a miracle. " hip63: "Games. Lots of Games. "
EVGA X58 Motherboard, Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 (OC) GHz Quad Core, Zalman Copper Cooler, 6GB OCZ DDR3 memory, EVGA Nvidia GTX275 (1.8gb mem onboard), 4x 1TB Western Digital SATA II Drives + 1 WD Velociraptor HDD (OS), DVD Drive, Zalman 1000w PSU, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Dell 2007WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Pure Gaming Evil Baby!

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Looks good.  Now if I just get some time to put the content together.