Author Topic: Transcend Voiceacting Call  (Read 25377 times)

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Re: Transcend Voiceacting Call
Mine's an Xbox 360 mic that came free with the console, and I can't figure out how to get the damn thing working right. :P

I should probably look into how to get it working.  My forensics teacher was surprised last year when I was able to do my prose with no accent :P(well, aside from a slight American, but that's what I get from growing up in America.)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 06:21:26 pm by Scotty »

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
I'd also love to play with VA at some point, though in the mean time, I have to ask this: When do you expect to have something done?

I only ask as I figured I'd work on re-doing the GTF Kelpie. I've got Taristin's authorization to do so... I just need to get a good start [...amongst the multitude of other projects I'd like to work on...].
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline FoxtrotTango

• "...in a way, you've stolen his soul."
I thought there'd be a bigger turnout for this? Are you recruiting externally as well?

There would be, but Ransom needs to shore up a few more details for the outsourcing. They'll need to know what Transcend IS, after all.

Still, we're getting a good turnout, both in terms of people who have submitted samples and those who are contemplating it, and it'll only get better when we start getting some professional talent on board.

Offline FoxtrotTango

Ransom's gotten the samples from Colonel Dekker and Rbxplayer. I'm still waiting for his review of them, but in the meantime, we could certainly use more than two voiceactors.

Offline Narwhal

• Campaign List Crusader
Two questions :

Are strong foreign accent welcome (French) ?
If yes (I doubt it, though) what do I need beside a micro ?  Where is the FAQ for that stuff ?

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Quite frankly, I think Capt. Marcel would best be played by a Frenchman... After all, "Sunder Marcel" does kind of scream "French accent" to me.  :nod:

If all you've got is a built-in mic, I'd make this recommendation (which The E first made to me): Get Audacity. Audacity is a free audio editor which you can use to amplify a recording and fade out the noise of a low-quality mic. It also can export .ogg files...

You can get it here; If SourceForge isn't cooperating, you can download it from the external Google link on the site just as easily.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

"Jesus saves.

"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Strong foreign accents are very welcome.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
What's the verdict? RBX and I have been sitting outside for ages waiting. 
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline rbxplayer

• A bit tight with RL at the moment
Amen Amen
Ijja l-mewt li taghmilna bnedmin jew l-imhabba?

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Well, major parts won't be cast until auditioning is over. It isn't first-come first-served. Unless you were just looking for feedback?

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
It isn't first-come first-served.

Quite right, :yes: a little feedback would be nice ;)
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Actually, do you have a script for the Silent Eye lingering about somewhere? I wouldn't mind trying my voice out at that...

-Nuke

"Jesus saves.

"

-Flipside

-Nuke

Offline FoxtrotTango

Actually, do you have a script for the Silent Eye lingering about somewhere? I wouldn't mind trying my voice out at that...

You'll find it in the first post.

Colonel Dekker, your lines seem to have microphone pops. Could you try speaking to the side of your microphone the next time? Your current lines don't need to be redone for our consideration, but your lines will be clearer next time around.

Rbxplayer, you seem to be overacting a little, but right now, it's a tolerable amount. If you can make your lines sound more natural, that would be nice, but it's not required.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
You can remove the pop pretty easily in Audacity. Dekker's lines in particular benefited from the 'noise removal' feature.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
You've had success with that feature?  I've used it in the past to remove the background hiss from my recordings, but it always winds up stripping out a significant of the warmth in my voice, to the point where the result is almost a bit mechanical-sounding.  Maybe I just need to tone down the strength on it.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Y'all might be interested to read about one of the ST:R voice actresses' experience with pop filters.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I've heard that trick referenced before, but I'm not about to ask my mom for a worn-out pair of stockings to construct my own. :p

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
They go for about $20 on Amazon if you don't want to make your own.

Offline FoxtrotTango

Alright folks, progress report time.

As of right now, we've reached a milestone! I've received the project's 5th audition! Sadly, this script has a total of 42 roles, only 8 of them being major ones. Since I'd prefer if everyone had their own role to ensure diversity throughout the cast and realism in the storytelling, we'll need many more people auditioning. I'm going to be making my own vocal auditions for Ransom's review soon, and I'm going through the entire male human/Vasudan sample list. If you don't want the stresses of a large role, I'd suggest you try for a template. But overall, we need more participation if we're going to get out of the auditioning and into the rehearsals.

Remember, the longer it takes to get the cast on board, the later you'll have to wait to play a voiceacted Transcend.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I strongly suggest going to external sites to hunt for roles. It worked wonders for ST:R and BP.