Author Topic: Nightly (Windows): 04 Dec 2009 - Revision 5698  (Read 4581 times)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Nightly (Windows): 04 Dec 2009 - Revision 5698
Again, all I can say is that everything I have found so far on the internets leads me to believe it is a Windows issue, not a FSO one.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itprovistahardware/thread/696fae8f-462f-4e08-8315-1dadc38f02f9

http://www.consumingexperience.com/2007/11/windows-no-disk-exception-processing.html

Now, judging by the commits in that time, that is between 5692 and 5698, none of them springs immediately to mind as being the culprit for this.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
I guess I'll re-download Rev. 5692 and go back to using it until I figure out my "Windows" problem.
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

dbghelp has been linked in for a long time - as long as PDB_DEBUGGING has been there.
5693 required a more recent version of dbghelp.dll, however that change was fixed in 5695.
5698 is now almost 30 revisions out of date. Is there a reason why you need such an old build?
STRONGTEA. Why can't the x86 be sane?

Offline Tomo

It *does not occur* in 5692.
It *occurs every time* in 5698.

dbghelp has been linked in for a long time - as long as PDB_DEBUGGING has been there.
5693 required a more recent version of dbghelp.dll, however that change was fixed in 5695.
5698 is now almost 30 revisions out of date. Is there a reason why you need such an old build?

To locate the cause of the problem - basic fault finding, yes?

It is still in 5733 and 5716.

On my PC the error does not appear to be fatal - but presumably on others it may be.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I have a hunch on this, I think the other instance of HRESULT_FROM_WIN32 needs to be removed as was done for one of them in 5695.  I think portej missed one with that fix.  Even if it's not causing a problem here, if one was removed I can only assume the other needs to be removed too.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays