Author Topic: What did you do on that one mission?  (Read 5901 times)

Offline Guthan

What did you do on that one mission?
Where you worked as the secret ops in Freespace 2, I forgot the name but you went with an NTF raid on a GTVA supply deport.

A civilian transport than arrives begging for mercy; the NTF poised to strike the trap.

- I did the foolish thing and tried to keep my cover so I blew up the transport with a heavy heart. I died soon afterwards.

What were your stories?

Offline Rick James

• Scathed By Admins
Re: What did you do on that one mission?
Shoved half a dozen missiles up my squad lead's tailpipe, kicked in my burners, and waited for backup to arrive.

Boystrous 19 year old temp at work slapped me in the face with an envelope and laughed it off as playful. So I shoved him over a desk and laughed it off as playful. It's on camera so I can plead reasonable force.  Temp is now passive.

Offline Kolgena

I also blew it up. Then I got yelled at in briefing :(

Offline Lucika

• Victim of trolling-related humor
  • Modding is l'art pour l'art
    • Syrk: The Unification Wars
I also blew it up. Then I got yelled at in briefing :(

So did I but I blew up before I would've been able to depart. Since it turned out that I can't keep my cover, I played as a good guy next time.
HLP member 2008-2012 and Syrk:TUW project leader ~2010-2012

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I didn't move and let hem attack the sentry guns alone. That killed a few of them. Well, to be honest I did help the sentry guns a bit by weakening my squadmates a bit :P
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I tried killing it the first time, but was so inept at aiming, my squad accused me of being a traitor because I failed to kill it. Seriously. (I didn't know that I could just park and shoot at it.)
I then proceeded to dodge until backup arrived. :nervous:
Man, I was an idiot then...amazing I got that far at all.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I blew the transport up, then, after I found out that I couldn't keep my cover, I did the same to my former wingmen.
Backup helped my finish the Aeolus, though I mostly did it alone (disabling an Aeolus and getting close to it's rear engine is a marvelous solution against them).

First time I played i just stood and started thinking. A tad bit too long might I say. The guys started shooting at me. I shot back. I splashed Alpha and Beta and ran as fast as i could from the Aeolus. Then I got saved.
The second time I said "eh, what the hell" and shot down the transport and did all the rest just the same. I can't say command liked it :nervous:

I paused for a minute or two thinking about it in-game, then when they told me to hurry up I turned around and open fired on the NTF fighters  :lol:

Eventually they figured out I was hostile and started shooting  :doubt:

One of my gripes against that mission is that they take too long to realize that i've betrayed them. Usually when i play that mission i manage to kill a good  2 or 3 of them before they realize, "Oh Wait hes trying to kill us. We should be angry."

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I stood idle there like an idiot waiting for "something else" to come along, nothing did and I ended up dead, on the second run I destroyed the transport and they attacked as well, but I survived... I was really mad at the frikking NTF firing squad (or something like that).
el hombre vicio...

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I killed half of my wingmen just as they started their attack run on the cargo.

And then I murdered Jack Niven while he was in the middle of saying "Time's up, pilot! We know all abou-" *BOOM*
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
First time I played I tried to shoot my squad mates, but didn't kill any of them before they turned on me.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
"Oh really now, just kill a bunch of civilians like that? Well you know what? F*** That" and I started killing the NTF fighters instead. I was happy command finally deceided it was time to get me out of there afterwards.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
As I recall my wingmen were no use at all, they apparently either didn't attack or couldn't hit the sentry guns or cargo, and I was so screwed up by the sentries and doing my wingmen's job that when the transport arrived I said something along the lines of "ahahaha **** you I'm dying over here you do it jackass" while I tried to recharge my shields.

...they of course didn't, and I couldn't order them to. So I was happy to kill them when they went hostile.

ALWAYS LISTEN TO ALPHA 1 *****ES.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I obliged without hesitation. :P
The first time anyway.
Then I experemented with other playthroughs.

I'm sure everyone's done that though. ;)

Offline ReeNoiP

• I FRED
I just kind idled expecting something to happen, as it seemed a bit fishy they wanted me in particular to blow it up. Soon after I was busy dodging.
Uncharted Territory is released. But I still need voice actors

Offline Killer Whale

• Oh no, not again.
I obliged without hesitation. :P
The first time anyway.
Then I experemented with other playthroughs.

I'm sure everyone's done that though. ;)

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
On the first playthrough I refused to fire at the transport.  Then my wingmates got nasty and I blew them away eventually as well.  Tough battle.... I remember being down to 3% hull when friendly reinforcements arrived!
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

I hesitated and fired a few lazy shots until they started to ask me why I wasn't shooting it.  Then I realized "IT'S A TRAP" and hit the burners.  Unfortunately, I was playing on Hard and did not survive the furball.