Author Topic: aloha  (Read 4373 times)

Hey there. I'm a VBB import.  Don't worry, I'm not a moron or a flamer...just a simple veteran Freespace fan.  Just thought I'd get a start on the ol' HLP now that the VBB is dead...

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
My turn!

[glow=green]WELCOME TO THE HLP BB SLAMMER!![/color][/glow]
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
welcome to HLPBB, exits are in the back on the right, in the case of an emergency, shotguns are located under the seats.

Thank you, thank you.

Wow, it's weird being the newbie! :)

Offline Corsair

• Gull Wings Rule
Originally posted by LtNarol
welcome to HLPBB, exits are in the back on the right, in the case of an emergency, shotguns are located under the seats.

Gah, he beat me to it. :mad: :D

Well, you missed this!
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR COMPUTERS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUM WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Enjoy your stay slammer!
Wash: This landing's gonna get pretty interesting.
Mal: Define "interesting".
Wash: *shrug* "Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die"?
Mal: This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
Stop abusing my poor assimiliation message....
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
Originally posted by Shrike
Stop abusing my poor assimiliation message....
:lol: he didnt even get it right...

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
"You need to direct more energy through your main guns!"
"We're having difficulty stabilizing the power grid, Command. Shutting down non-essential systems."
*fires*

:cool:
Shotguns are under the seats, exists were to the left and right. In the event of a Steak flood, you may be used as a flotation device. :D
« Last Edit: April 09, 2002, 11:16:47 pm by 374 »
-C

Offline Kamikaze

• A Complacent Wind
    • http://www.nodewar.com
YoYo - We're cool at HLP so expect a nice day here :D

[inbullyvoice] Hey, you notice I'm a moderator?! Yeah, the import dude, you, gimme all ur lunch monay. Yeah, like rit now dammit! Hey, listening to me? [/inbullyvoice] ;)
Science alone of all the subjects contains within itself the lesson of the danger of belief in the infallibility of the greatest teachers in the preceding generation . . .Learn from science that you must doubt the experts. As a matter of fact, I can also define science another way: Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts. - Richard Feynman

Offline WMCoolmon

Oh yeah? My avatar's bigger than your avatar! :p
-C

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
Avatar size isn't the only measure of power.... ;)
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Kamikaze

• A Complacent Wind
    • http://www.nodewar.com
Avatar size isn't the only measure of power.... ;)

Or else we'd have sacked Shrike already for the forums ;)

Oh, and Coolmon - Avatars :wink:
Science alone of all the subjects contains within itself the lesson of the danger of belief in the infallibility of the greatest teachers in the preceding generation . . .Learn from science that you must doubt the experts. As a matter of fact, I can also define science another way: Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts. - Richard Feynman

Offline WMCoolmon

Administrator Shrike...your sad devotion to that ANCIENT CP has not helped you find the missing post counts, nor keep the VBB-Accck!!! Gaak!!
"I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
"Shrike! Release him!"
"As you wish"
Bleh!*gasp*
-C

Originally posted by WMCoolmon
"Shrike! Release him!"
"As you wish"
Bleh!*gasp*

Query:  Who was ordering around Shrike?

(And yes, freakishly enough, I DO find ways to use the word "query" in my actual IRL conversations too.  (-:  )

--TurboNed

EDIT:  I forgot to close my parenthesis.....parentheses.......parentheesisss....parens.  So I fixed it.
"It is the year 2000, but where are the flying cars? I was promised flying cars! I don't see any flying cars. Why? Why? Why?" - [size=-2]Avery Brooks from an IBM commercial[/size]

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
Good question.  I'd like to see the answer myself.

Offline Redfang

:D :wink: :)WELCOME TO THE HLPBB! [/i]:) :wink: :D

I'm also pretty new, but when I joined, I didn't know that VBB was going down. It's good that you joined. And I think you already know where the shotguns and exits are. ;)

Yeah, Redfang remembers me.  Thanks for the welcome guys :)

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
~/EDITED FOR GREAT JUSTICE AND KILLED BY GOD'S WRATH\~
« Last Edit: March 03, 2003, 05:40:23 pm by 675 »
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Anaz

Originally posted by Knight Templar
Yo Yo Yo. Jus sayin Wassup. Im from the VBB (Mjolnirs Wrath) but as im sure you've heard, it closed so im here to stay now. Hope to have hearty, intelectual discusions with some of you. Anyways, catch ya on the flip side

GET A SHORTER SIGNATURE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!
Arrr. I'm a pirate.

AotD, DatDB, TVWP, LM. Ph34r.

You WILL go to warpstorm...

Offline WMCoolmon

Good question.  I'd like to see the answer myself.

*cough*thundersteak*cough*
Oh, and Coolmon - Avatars
pff. Everyone has small avatars except for admins and me :p I stick out like a sore thumb :nervous:

Yes. Shorter signature, please.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2002, 05:44:01 pm by 374 »
-C