Akheton
1 (3.6%)
EMP Adv
4 (14.3%)
TAG A-B-C
16 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: April 10, 2002, 04:08:30 pm

Author Topic: Most useless weapon  (Read 3243 times)

Offline Nuclear1

What's the most useless weapon in FS2?

LAMPREY! LAMPREY! LAMPREY! :lol:
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline vadar_1

• Mr. Crispy
    • http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/hosted/fullcircle/
Search for similar topics before your post, this has already been done, and it has come to a conclusion that there is no useless weapon, some .... "non-veterans"... just don't know how to use them right.
"Shockingly, checking Draw Lines Between Marked Icons draws lines between the marked icons. " -Volition quality help files

Projects;
The Full Circle Project (site down - server side problem)
Paradox (site down - server side problem)

Offline Anaz

Originally posted by vadar_1
Search for similar topics before your post, this has already been done, and it has come to a conclusion that there is no useless weapon, some .... "non-veterans"... just don't know how to use them right.

hahah!! 0wnt!!!
Arrr. I'm a pirate.

AotD, DatDB, TVWP, LM. Ph34r.

You WILL go to warpstorm...

Offline TheVirtu

• Firedancer
    • http://autoassault.edgegaming.com
Wasn't there one of these last month?
Project Leader of the Ascension of Beyond Campaign
"There was a time of peace, this time is over, peace will be paid for in blood."
Site Director of the Auto Assault Outpost- http://autoassault.edgegaming.com
Site Director of the Darkspace Connection - http://www.3dap.com/darkspace
Former Webmaster of i82.co.uk - Shut Down 2/12/03
"If HLP wants your developing, they'll promote you to Senior Engineer, now shutup and focus!" - Shi
Think of the Coke machines! What did they ever do to you![/b]

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
Good God! Is there any worse weapon than the TAG:no: missle system?  The only reason it's in the game in the first place to give amatuer(meaning "not professional", not "not experienced") mission designers a nifty thing to play with for objectives, but as a practical weapon(i.e. general use SP or MP) it sucks because the mission designer had to code for it's use.

BTW, all the selections suck.  The TAG:no: just sucks the most.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Actually, the TAG has some hard coded bits. However it is more effective in a multiplayer mission where TAGS have some scripted events. (most of [V]'s missions do have that scripted, I can't say the same for the fan ones)
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline FSW

Oh... choices, choices...

Offline Kitsune

Not listed...

Well, I would have to say the old Kamikazi style of weapons tend to suck the most.
Get a fighter or anything really, pack it full of weapons, then throw it and a dozen others just like it at an enemy cap ship.

This is why we have bombers...  Plus you don't lose pilots and crew...  

Granted they do work, but at what cost?

But as for on the list, I never use the EMP missle.  I miss the old D-missle.  Can you imagine how useful that would be where capships now have aaa and anti-cap beams?  

A brief window of opportunity to take out systems, but long enough...
~Space Kitsuné
6-Tailed RPG Nut.

"Why the hell don't we have any missles on this damn boat?!"
"But Sir, we have Tempests, Rockeyes, and unknown bombs."
"Like I said ensign, 'Why don't we have any missles on this damn boat?!"

"I went to a fight last night and a hockey game broke out."  -Groucho Marx

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I would probably go for the TAG missiles; unless the mission is scripted properly, those things are next to useless.

The EMP missile is pretty useless in singleplayer, but it is so effective in multiplayer that many consider it unbalanced and therefore disallow it. (but they are just wimps :D)

Offline Ulundel

• Big press poppa
Lamprey for sure. :yes:

Offline Corsair

• Gull Wings Rule
A game of TAG...damn that mission sucked. It's a pointless weapon in single player except for the missions where you must carry it.
Wash: This landing's gonna get pretty interesting.
Mal: Define "interesting".
Wash: *shrug* "Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die"?
Mal: This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
No. I'm sorry, and i know you're a newbie, but in my opinion: No. None of that VBB crap where: "What's your favorite ship?" or "Best Weapon combo?"
Sorry, but, again, no.

Offline Razor

Lamprey isn't useless weapon at all. When you get the Maxim for the first time, you can only use the Lamprey in combination with Maxim to kick Shivan butts. And if you have played a bit more with the lamprey, you would notice how good it is against shields. The shields can not recharge so fast when you use the lamprey. :D

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by TheVirtu
Wasn't there one of these last month?

Indeed there was...
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
Rebel bomb, unknown bomb, unknown megabomb. These are ok except that no ships can carry them, not even shivans! Unless you edit the ships.tbl of course.

Offline Zeronet

• Hanger Man
Originally posted by Setekh

Indeed there was...

We could do with a FAQ for these questions, one day we'll answer them all in the FAQ and this thread will be empty

Such a :shaking: thought.
Got Ether?

I know about the TAG A and B missles, but i've only heard of the TAG C.  What does it do? Do you only get it in multiplayer?

"Your cynicism appauls me Collosus - I have ten thousand officers and crew willing to die for pants !"

"Go to red alert!"
"Are you sure sir? It does mean changing the bulb"

Offline Redfang

I voted TAG missiles. Lamprey would be second, but Circe can be good. Also, Akheton SDG and EMP adv. are both very good. ;)  

TAG missiles are useless (well, almost ;) ) because they need scripting, and even if they have that, they're still not good.

Lamprey is also quite bad, because Circe is better version of it. Even if it doesn't suck power reserves. ;)

Circe combined with Maxim can be pretty effective, Circe does shield damage and Maxim does the hull damage and has long range. The only bad thing is that they have very different speeds, and it's hard to hit with both of them at the same time.

Also, beatspete:
;):p:)WELCOME TO THE HLPBB!:):p;)

You can't normally get TAG-C missiles, I have modified them so that I do. But they don't even work. :p

Offline Nuclear1

Actually, last time I checked, the Perseus can carry the TAG-C.

I'm probably wrong though. :o  Usually am ;7 ;7 :doh:
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Razor

Crud!! I forgot to welcome nuclear to the HLPBB! :o :o

WELCOME TO THE HLPBB. EXITS ARE TO THE BACK LEFT AND RIGHT. IN THE CASE OF A FIGHT, SHOTGUNS ARE UNDER THE SEATS. JUST A REMINDER. NERVE GASS MASKS CAN BE FOUND IN THE COMPARTMENTS ABOVE YOUR SEATS.

And of course, no welcome would be complete without: ;7

WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR COMPUTERS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.