Author Topic: Mouse Problems and Multi-Monitors  (Read 1733 times)

Offline Tarvis

Mouse Problems and Multi-Monitors
Is there a way to get the mouse to move faster while in menus of the game?

It gets slower the bigger resolution gets, so I have to move the mouse faster.

It isn't such a big deal though, but it would be nice.

EDIT: It seems the mouse moves fine in the debug build (???) but in both debug and normal the mouse is prone to leaving the game window and going to the second monitor while in menus. In-game there is no such problem.

EDIT2: If I alt+tab out of the game (or click outside of it :P) and then go back in then the mouse stays inside the game window. The mouse still moves less sluggishly in the debug build however.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 06:18:08 pm by Tarvis »

Re: Mouse Problems and Multi-Monitors
This is a known problem - we worked around it in debug builds a few months ago, but I can't remember why it wasn't applied to release builds (there was a reason).

It's most irritating when you can see and move the FSO cursor and have the mouse actually on a different screen, so clicking anything results in a loss of focus :(
STRONGTEA. Why can't the x86 be sane?

Offline Tarvis

Yeah. Like I said, the mouse will stay in the window if I alt+Tab out and then back in, so that means it's fixable...

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I thought something seemed poky about the mouse movement when I started using a nightly build, but I wasn't entirely sure if it was just all in my head. :p

Offline Tarvis

I don't know about mouse movement, but it seems clicking outside of the game window has something to do with the splash screen.

I think this because running the game with no mediavps (thus no splash screen) results in that the mouse stays inside the game just fine.