Author Topic: RELEASE: wxLauncher 0.10.1 beta [Updated 2015/09/26]  (Read 670934 times)

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Re: RELEASE: wxLauncher 0.9.4 beta [Updated 2013/06/09]
Also doesn't auto save need to be enabled?
No, auto-save is for the profiles, not for the changes that are made when the play button is pressed.

Yes,

I clicked play after I modified the settings, indeed I always start the game this way, I mean from wxlauncher, but I only save when I'm satisfied with the settings. As a matter of fact I noticed that when play button is clicked then the cmdline_fso.cfg file is updated just before game launches. And from what I understand it contains options used also if you start the .exe directly. Is this correct?

So I wonder if it's really necessary to activate autosave, but I'll try it as soon as I get back home.
 :v: A+
Jack H.

That is correct.  It sounds like you are doing everything to correctly.  I will have to look in to this issue when I have a chance and see if I can reproduce.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline Jackho

• Gnoti seauton ...
    • Downloads an al
I tried to auto save but to no avail, I was sure it wouldn't help anyway. I hope you can reproduce it and see what happens because I really like this new launcher, it is a true evolution compared to the other launcher5.5. With this one I'm 2 or 3 clicks away from any mods or TC, each with its own combination of settings. I feel like it'll be the only one in the future although launcher5.5 is still pretty stable.

thx for your help on this.
Jack H.
A+
Jack H. : "Well... There's much more to check than six..."

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
I tried to auto save but to no avail, I was sure it wouldn't help anyway. I hope you can reproduce it and see what happens because I really like this new launcher, it is a true evolution compared to the other launcher5.5. With this one I'm 2 or 3 clicks away from any mods or TC, each with its own combination of settings. I feel like it'll be the only one in the future although launcher5.5 is still pretty stable.

thx for your help on this.
Jack H.

Hello Jack,

I cannot reproduce the issue.  Can you please list step by step (including your editing of the mod.ini) of how to reproduce this issue?  Please attempt to reproduce the issue using a debug build (see the "Troubleshooting" section of the first post). Please attach the log from an instance where the cmdline_fso.cfg does not get updated, their may be useful information about what is going wrong in their.

Thanks,
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline Jackho

• Gnoti seauton ...
    • Downloads an al
Hello Jack,

I cannot reproduce the issue.

Hello,
Ok today I took time to make some tests that I hope will provide you with as much information as you may need. I made every session (let's call them that way) as follows:

-run wxlauncher (provide wxlauncher.log)
-2 error dialogs open about missing sound devices, continue anyway (provide screenshots)
-select profile (provide pro0000X.ini)
-selected mod is MediaVPs_2014 (provide mod.ini,cmdline_fso.cfg)
-run game, enter a mission

First session is Default: I selected the Default profile listed in first tab
2nd session is nopreset: this one has my new profile and uses mod with no changes in mod.ini. preset selected is "baseline recommended"
3rd session is preset: this one has my new profile too and uses modified mod.ini. preset is then selected in advanced tab
4th session is customflag: this one has my new profile and uses modified mod.ini. lighting options are copied from preset to custom flag box

I can see the change in lighting only after running 4th session, please see all files in attachment. Just a word about OS: it's Win7 ultimate 64bits.
Hope this helps

[attachment kidnapped by pirates]
A+

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Are you editing the mod.ini while wxLauncher is running?  The 3rd session doesn't show "Jack's baseline" in the MediaVPs_2014 mod.ini until after you switch TC's to BRTL and then back.

Offline Jackho

• Gnoti seauton ...
    • Downloads an al
Are you editing the mod.ini while wxLauncher is running?
I'm afraid not, why would I do that anyway?  ;7
I can only say I modified the mod.ini because I used only this mod during testing, so I had to. I might have mistaken.

The 3rd session doesn't show "Jack's baseline" in the MediaVPs_2014 mod.ini until after you switch TC's to BRTL and then back.
Well I don't remember of this behaviour, what does BRTL stand for?
hmm I seem to have failed this one, perhaps I forgot to add lighting section in mod.ini before I begin the test  :banghead:
I'll do session3 again and repost logs tonight, sorry I was too quick. Now I think I understand why you asked.

Jack H.
A+

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
He probably meant BtRL, 'Beyond the Red Line', and may have been confused with Diaspora.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
He probably meant BtRL, 'Beyond the Red Line', and may have been confused with Diaspora.
Yes, Beyond the Red Line. No, it was definitely BtRL because it was loading fs2_open_3.6.9.exe. On Jack's computer it is installed in "D:\Programmes\BtRL\" and is apparently called "Beyond the Red Light" by its mod.ini file @ D:\Programmes\BtRL\mod.ini.

Are you editing the mod.ini while wxLauncher is running?
I'm afraid not, why would I do that anyway?  ;7
I can only say I modified the mod.ini because I used only this mod during testing, so I had to. I might have mistaken.
Well its either that or your file system is not returning the same thing everytime  :drevil:
The 3rd session doesn't show "Jack's baseline" in the MediaVPs_2014 mod.ini until after you switch TC's to BRTL and then back.
Well I don't remember of this behaviour, what does BRTL stand for?
hmm I seem to have failed this one, perhaps I forgot to add lighting section in mod.ini before I begin the test  :banghead:
I'll do session3 again and repost logs tonight, sorry I was too quick. Now I think I understand why you asked.

Jack H.
Thank you for your patience and thoroughness in the debugging of this issue.

Offline Jackho

• Gnoti seauton ...
    • Downloads an al
yes it's BtRL and I modified the mod.ini there too.
Here's the new log, I guess it doesn't need any more explanation, I just start wxlauncher, select my profile and mod (Advanced tab shows my preset ), start the game and get the same cmdline with Baseline recommended settings.
I'm still impressed if one ever managed to get it working, it seems so straightforward. So I may not give up until it works on my computer too!

Jack H.

[attachment kidnapped by pirates]
A+

So I'm running OpenSuSE 13.2 x86_64 and even with the stl.diff patch in place, I only get 57% through compiling before it dies on me.
Link to compiler output here:
http://pastebin.com/yBTn3Mdq
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Hello LaineyBugsDaddy,

Sorry, I thought I had replied to this...

What stl.diff patch are you applying?

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
@Jackho:  What drive is your Windows directory on?  C:? D:?

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
@Iss Mneur: Here's the stl.diff patch LaineyBugsDaddy used.
It's attached to this issue on your bug tracker.

Yeah. Before I applied that patch, the compile process failed somewhere around the 2 or 4 % mark.  Now it fails, as I said, at 57%. I forgot to give my build environment other than in general terms, though. OpenSuSE 13.2 64-bit, GCC 4.8, cmake 3.0.2 (no option to downgrade with this release of OpenSuSE), wxWidgets 2.8.12. Don't recall what else I might need for dependencies.

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Okay. I will have to try and download OpenSuse 13.2 again (tried last night but it failed), and replicate this issue.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Might just try a vagrant machine.  Or a VirtualBox Appliance.  I've got FS2 Open compiling on the vagrant one already, updating the Wiki with an entry for OpenSuSE now under  the Linux howto.  I'll take a crack at wxLauncher if I get another break in the workload today, but no promises.  Hectic times, we're building out our new production datacenter.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Ok, so far I've used zypper to install cmake, wxWidgets-devel, and python-Markdown.  Everything else in the deps list was already installed by default or from the FS2 compiling environment.  I was able to reproduce both mentioned compiling issues, the 4% one, which I patched from the linked issue, and then the current one (at 54% for me).

IssMneur, if you do get to running OpenSuSE, you should be able to follow the install commands in the FS2 Open for Linux documentation now, to get a compiling environment and the dev libs for FS2 Open, and then install the packages listed above to get the remaining deps for wxLauncher from the README.

Here's a little more context that on the pastebin post.
Code: [Select]
[ 54%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/wxlauncher.dir/code/datastructures/ResolutionMap.cpp.o
In file included from /usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/clntdata.h:17:0,
                 from /usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/event.h:18,
                 from /home/vagrant/wxlauncher/code/datastructures/ResolutionMap.h:22,
                 from /home/vagrant/wxlauncher/code/datastructures/ResolutionMap.cpp:19:
/home/vagrant/wxlauncher/code/datastructures/ResolutionMap.cpp:34:2: error: conflicting declaration ‘typedef class std::tr1::unordered_map<wxString, ResolutionData, wxStringHash, wxStringEqual> PreferredResolutionMap’
  PreferredResolutionMap);
  ^
In file included from /home/vagrant/wxlauncher/code/datastructures/ResolutionMap.cpp:19:0:
/home/vagrant/wxlauncher/code/datastructures/ResolutionMap.h:36:7: error: ‘class PreferredResolutionMap’ has a previous declaration as ‘class PreferredResolutionMap’
 class PreferredResolutionMap; // in .cpp file
       ^
/home/vagrant/wxlauncher/code/datastructures/ResolutionMap.cpp:36:39: error: aggregate ‘PreferredResolutionMap ResolutionMap::prefResMap’ has incomplete type and cannot be defined
 PreferredResolutionMap ResolutionMap::prefResMap;
                                       ^
/home/vagrant/wxlauncher/code/datastructures/ResolutionMap.cpp: In static member function ‘static const ResolutionData* ResolutionMap::ResolutionRead(const wxString&)’:
/home/vagrant/wxlauncher/code/datastructures/ResolutionMap.cpp:39:2: error: incomplete type ‘PreferredResolutionMap’ used in nested name specifier
  PreferredResolutionMap::const_iterator it = prefResMap.find(shortname);
  ^
/home/vagrant/wxlauncher/code/datastructures/ResolutionMap.cpp:39:41: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘it’
  PreferredResolutionMap::const_iterator it = prefResMap.find(shortname);
                                         ^
/home/vagrant/wxlauncher/code/datastructures/ResolutionMap.cpp:41:10: error: ‘it’ was not declared in this scope
  return (it == prefResMap.end()) ? NULL : &it->second;
          ^
CMakeFiles/wxlauncher.dir/build.make:583: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/wxlauncher.dir/code/datastructures/ResolutionMap.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/wxlauncher.dir/code/datastructures/ResolutionMap.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:131: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/wxlauncher.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/wxlauncher.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:137: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

Offline Jackho

• Gnoti seauton ...
    • Downloads an al
@Jackho:  What drive is your Windows directory on?  C:? D:?

Hi,
I installed Windows on C: drive. I added D: drive afterwards because I needed more space and then I ended up installing non system related software on D: (like games). So you can assume only windows is on C: and everything else on D:

Jack H.
A+

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Thanks for the help chief.

@LaineyBugsDaddy: please try the follow patch.  It looks like we did something dumb in one of the header files and this patch will fix that.  I can now build wxLauncher on OpenSUSE.

Code: [Select]
diff --git a/code/datastructures/ResolutionMap.h b/code/datastructures/ResolutionMap.h
index c6fca73..735ecd9 100644
--- a/code/datastructures/ResolutionMap.h
+++ b/code/datastructures/ResolutionMap.h
@@ -33,8 +33,6 @@ DECLARE_EVENT_TYPE(EVT_RESOLUTION_MAP_CHANGED, wxID_ANY);

WX_DECLARE_LIST(wxEvtHandler, ResolutionMapEventHandlers);

-class PreferredResolutionMap; // in .cpp file
-
 struct ResolutionData {
  ResolutionData() { } // required for wxHashMap, unfortunately
  ResolutionData(long width, long height) : width(width), height(height) { }
@@ -46,6 +44,10 @@ struct ResolutionData {
  long height;
 };

+WX_DECLARE_STRING_HASH_MAP(
+ ResolutionData,
+ PreferredResolutionMap);
+
 class ResolutionMap {
 public:
  static const ResolutionData* ResolutionRead(const wxString& shortname);

@JackHo:  Does your system have a "C:\Programmes" as well?  If so, did you create it manually?  Do you have a "C:\Program Files" or "C:\Program Files (x86)" on your system?

Thanks, ISS Mneur. It compiled beautifully, in fact going from 50% to complete all at once. Then I installed and made a desktop link and it works wonderfully. Just one question. Where's the icon file?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it and converted it to PNGs with ImageMagick.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 11:44:06 am by LaineyBugsDaddy »