Author Topic: Force feedback on the wrong device  (Read 1466 times)

Force feedback on the wrong device
Hi,
I ve just receive my new ffb hotas , but when i play freespace, fs2o send force feedback to my steering wheel instead of my joystick.
In the launcher i ve selected my ppjoy device (with all my hotas axis and button mapped)
and enabled all the ffb option.
Is there a place where i can define where to send ffb data ?
$Formula: ( every-time
   ( has-time-elapsed "0" )
   ( Do-Nothing
   )
   ( send-message
      "#Dalek"
      "High"
      "Pro-crasti-nate"
   )
   )
)
+Name: Procratination
+Repeat Count: 99999999999
+Interval: 1

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Re: Force feedback on the wrong device
I don't think it'll work correctly with ppjoy. PPJoy is essentially a proxy application for binding several controllers into one so that the game can use them since the code only recognizes one logical controller at the time, but force feedback is handled by device drivers, and ppjoy acts as a bridge between several devices and the game... so it can't know what force feedback it should be using.

Try removing your steering wheel/pedals and then try with directly selecting your FFB Hotas device alone in the Launcher.

Another possible solution would be that the game is sending FFB to the device that happens to be first in the list of controllers. There are ways to change the game controller ID, so you could try and make sure that the FFB Hotas controller has the controller ID 1.

Setting it to "preferred device" from Control Panel -> Game Controllers -> Advanced could work, but I actually recommend getting JoyID utility from WingMan team, that should let you manually change the ID's of multiple controllers you might have.
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Re: Force feedback on the wrong device
i ve tryed to change the id but no luck on that, anyway i plugged off my wheel and now it works :D

That's wonderfull i now can play freespace with hotas ffb rudder on triple screen  :yes:

just to find how to change response curve on my joystick software ;D

and turn off the stretched hud :D
$Formula: ( every-time
   ( has-time-elapsed "0" )
   ( Do-Nothing
   )
   ( send-message
      "#Dalek"
      "High"
      "Pro-crasti-nate"
   )
   )