Author Topic: Freespace mod on battlfield 2  (Read 4453 times)

Offline dragonsniper

• Master of the Irrelevant
    • Steam
Re: Freespace mod on battlfield 2
i will try to make my mod with HL2
i'didn't knowwe can fly with in the space with the HL2 engine .

and yes i'will convert pof to cob for the ships
but for the weapons ; marines and  vasudans ... i can't convert because i haven't models  :D
A FPS based on the HL2 engine is already in the makes. If you feel that you'd be more successful, then go ahead and do your own, but if you want to help the one already in the makes, then drop a post here. http://www.game-warden.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93 I was also taking into consideration using the Unreal Beta SDK, but for now, HL2 will work.

If nobody knew about this, I'm sorry. :( I thought that I or someone else would have informed the HLP public.
Do or do not, there is no try...
~HLP Member and Modder~
          ~~2008-201x~~

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
I alluded to it earlier. I should have found a link, though...
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline antalaz

Ok boys I posted my mod  on facebook
his name is FREESPACE
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 04:53:32 am by antalaz »

Does anybody else find marines carrying strikecraft weapons strange? I mean, those guns mounts are huge, bigger than the pilot even. And if you're fighting inside of a ship, it's probably in your best interest to not use weapons that can pierce the hull.

Offline antalaz

you're right
i'll use the same weapons of the "hallfight" and others .

Offline antalaz

have you an idea to modify the freespace build for land on planets by jump node??

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
....what? You mean, like planetary landings in FSOpen?
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline antalaz

yes this would be very well

the pilot passes through a node jump and ends up in the atmoshpere of a planet in Battle

If you come up with more to say, MODIFY your post, don't double-post, goddammit! --Jeff Vader
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 06:22:25 am by Jeff Vader »

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
i will try to make my mod with HL2
i'didn't knowwe can fly with in the space with the HL2 engine .

and yes i'will convert pof to cob for the ships
but for the weapons ; marines and  vasudans ... i can't convert because i haven't models  :D
A FPS based on the HL2 engine is already in the makes. If you feel that you'd be more successful, then go ahead and do your own, but if you want to help the one already in the makes, then drop a post here. http://www.game-warden.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93 I was also taking into consideration using the Unreal Beta SDK, but for now, HL2 will work.

If nobody knew about this, I'm sorry. :( I thought that I or someone else would have informed the HLP public.

Didn't someone try to do a mod with the original Red Faction way way back in the day?
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline antalaz

I don't try with red faction because I haven't that

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
I recommend for using a game engine of which the source code has been released. This is when you can have a mod become a stand alone product if you want it to be.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline antalaz

I didn't find any equivalent of bf2. If I would have been ,I would have used it

do you know any format with I can modify my ships ? because with my current format , I only can modify one part of my ship .

if anyone have a building model contact me
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 05:22:21 pm by Jeff Vader »

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
What's special about the bf2 engine if you'd be so kind to answer?
One thing i know about people and a load of free game engines is that they won't do a thing to get off their ass and look themselves unless someone else does it for them.

I ask that question about bf2 because i'm genuinely interested in knowing why you choose it. I say the second comment because it happens to be true.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline antalaz

i choose it because on the bf2 engine we can fly with planes .
however , if ytou have another engine for me , i agree .