Author Topic: Launcher 5.5f (beta)  (Read 9955 times)

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Re: Launcher 5.5f (beta)
Taylor, I can't commit to the Launcher_5_5 branch, although I'm not sure we want to try to commit my changes to trunk first since there's already development there and I'd likely be missing files from the project file.
Sorry about that; it should have the correct permissions now.

If you mean the Launcher in trunk, then yeah, I don't really know what to do about that one yet.  It still won't build as far as I know, and even if it does there is still too much missing from it to actually work properly.  I don't really feel comfortable porting my changes there until I can actually test them to see if it all actually works.  I assume that you are in the same position.  I think that we should probably just keep with the 5_5 stable branch for now, and then port anything back to trunk if that time comes (ie. if we haven't officially dropped it for wxLauncher).

@Spoon:  What FSO binary did you use before this one?  What is the contents of your data/cmdline_fso.cfg file?
Also, make sure that you have an up-to-date OpenAL installed, or just re-install it.  The new stuff requires working enumeration support and I seem to remember there being an issue with that in certain older OpenAL versions.  Although, I can't actually recall whether what OS that was for, so it may be something else entirely.  I do know for certain that there was a strange crash bug on Windows with certain OpenAL versions when I originally started playing around with better initialization code in the old Xt builds however.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Also, make sure that you have an up-to-date OpenAL installed, or just re-install it.  The new stuff requires working enumeration support and I seem to remember there being an issue with that in certain older OpenAL versions.  Although, I can't actually recall whether what OS that was for, so it may be something else entirely.  I do know for certain that there was a strange crash bug on Windows with certain OpenAL versions when I originally started playing around with better initialization code in the old Xt builds however.
This seemed to be the cause. I never updated OpenAL after I installed FSO (which was at the start of 2009, according to the download page the most recent version was released in the summer of 2009). Works now.
Well, the more you know.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Kolgena

Under this launcher (maybe even the one before it), there is an option under Troubleshooting that is "Fix color issues on some ATI cards".

What does this do/fix, and what cards require this?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Let me put it this way: If everything in the mainhall is coloured correctly, you don't need it. IIRC, No cards currently on the market need it.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
It's been in there forever.  Additionally, the missing commits from this launcher revision were added, and a new build was made with VC6.  It's linked in the RC3 release thread.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Kolgena

Yep. That's the one I grabbed. Working nicely, though AA/AF sliders are still broken. I'm assuming Hery's fix never found its way here :P

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Nope, he disappeared apparently without leaving that behind.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Kolgena

Man, I really hope that guy comes back. His work with post-processing was great.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Actually, his work with post-processing was atrocious.  His implementation was very poorly organized and contained lots of bugs.  Fortunately, it was also very poorly integrated, so we turned it into an experimental feature if it promised not to step on the rest of the code. :)

Offline Kolgena

Well, the bloom looks decent to me, so I don't care much for what it looks like under the hood :)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Yes, well, it's our job as SCP to care how it looks like. Because we're the ones who have to deal with it when it breaks and someone, inevitably, complains.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Actually, his work with post-processing was atrocious.  His implementation was very poorly organized and contained lots of bugs.  Fortunately, it was also very poorly integrated, so we turned it into an experimental feature if it promised not to step on the rest of the code. :)

Why weren't these comments made during Antipodes #4?

If it is an experimental feature again, and especially if it is not being actively worked on, it should be moved back to Antipodes.
STRONGTEA. Why can't the x86 be sane?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Why weren't these comments made during Antipodes #4?
Probably because very few coders take the time to review other coders' code.

If it is an experimental feature again, and especially if it is not being actively worked on, it should be moved back to Antipodes.
I would concur with this.  Hery seems to have disappeared and I don't know when/if he'll be back.