Author Topic: mission doesn't end...  (Read 1772 times)

Offline rednoak

mission doesn't end...
hi there

dont know if this is the right forum for my problem...but hell ill give it a try :)

im playing fs2 with the fs2 open launcher v3.6.1

im stuck ar the high noon mission, when i or better the collossus destroys the juggernaut nothin happens... i get no order to jump back to base

there are no enemies left or whatever

if i jump on my own the vasudans wanna execute me...

annyone knows what to do?

i have no mods activated but the mediaap thingy for better graphics... fine job by the way^^ the explosions are just yummy :D

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: mission doesn't end...
Oh, god, this problem. It's really annoying and has something to do with the way the mission is FREDded. I saw it happen to a pilot who got the Sath kill and she was pretty displeased to see that AWOL debrief come up.

I believe you need to ensure that you kill all the Shivans who can possibly launch from the Sathanas, meaning you need to make sure the Sath isn't destroyed until all its fighters have launched.

Could be wrong, though.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Yep, that is the issue. Two waves are launched. You MUST make certain that the first wave is destroyed before the Sathanas is destroyed in order to prevent them never appearing and the mission being considered a failure.

Or you could just upgrade to FS2_Open 3.6.10 + Media VPs cause I'm pretty sure the mission is fixed there.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline rednoak

so basicly i must shoot down the fighters and order the collossus to ignore the satana until the second wing emerges from it... k ill try that later

thanks so far, by the way someone knows what happend to the bsg beyond red line mod for fs2?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
The development team split up. Most of them ended up doing Diaspora, which is not released yet. The others are still working on BtRL, however, BtRL does not have a forum or any sort of public presence anymore.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
so basicly i must shoot down the fighters and order the collossus to ignore the satana until the second wing emerges from it... k ill try that later

No need to order it to do anything actually. Just make sure the fighters are dead before the Colossus kills the Sathanas. You have plenty of time to do it in and if you simply run back to the Colossus after killing the beam cannons there is a good chance that the Colossus will kill them for you when then chase you and your wingmen. :D

Offline rednoak

k worked like a charm

splashed the first wing then the second killed the satana and vasudian prime ordered to jump back...mission accomplished thanks guys

nah splitted up what a shame the mod looked really nice

by the way does sliding actually work in fs2?!
i configured the thrust left & right controls and the slide when pressed buttons but it doesnt seem to work

...did i mentioned how cool the explosions are? :) they remind me of good old star wars battles^^

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Sliding works only on special ships (mostly in mods.)

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
nah splitted up what a shame the mod looked really nice

Diaspora still looks nice. :D