Author Topic: Another new Galactica Spin-off series  (Read 6526 times)

Re: Another new Galactica Spin-off series
I hope it will be FCW related, but there's a chance we see big G only from afar, and it most likely takes place on another Battlestar, or, also possible it doesn't focus on one Battlestar ( or the crew of it ).

A show focussing on a few different crews on different Battlestars would be epic, although it may be cost prohibitive.

Damn it, I'm already thinking about it too much!

Offline newman

Galactica's class was pretty common during the 1st war and probably made the bulk of the battlestar fleet. Even if they don't show the Galactica herself too often (don't see why they wouldn't since they got her ready) you can't have the 1st cylon war without that ship class.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Wolfy

Galactica's class was pretty common during the 1st war and probably made the bulk of the battlestar fleet. Even if they don't show the Galactica herself too often (don't see why they wouldn't since they got her ready) you can't have the 1st cylon war without that ship class.

I think the Galactica would probably be the most common ship, seeming they already have the Galactica CGI model :P. Probably woudlnt be too hard to put other names on it instead though. Also, the have the Columbia battlestar model too that they used in Razor. Similar tot he Galactica, just differing in some ways. Furthermore,t hey have the TOS cylon raider and basestar models, so CGI wise, they lready have plenty of the larger more impotant ships we'd see. ASSUMEING they didnt delete said models :P
Wolfy - Ship Modeler for SBP07

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I doubt anyone at either ZOIC or in-house was dumb enough to Babylon 5 the models.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Wolfy

Ah, it took me ages to figure out what you meant there. yeah, they deleted all the Babylon 5 materials, then decided they wanted to go make more Babylon 5 and ran into a sliiight problem.

Hopefully, the CGI folks wheren't that dumb :P

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
Ah, it took me ages to figure out what you meant there. yeah, they deleted all the Babylon 5 materials, then decided they wanted to go make more Babylon 5 and ran into a sliiight problem.

Hopefully, the CGI folks wheren't that dumb :P

IIRC, they still had some of the models used in B5, have to check the making ofs of The Lost Tales DVD, just to be sure. 

Offline jdjtcagle

• Already told you people too much!
Talk about a mixture of feelings... On one hand it would be EPIC on the other BWO or TVWP would be EPIC... "OH SNAP!"

I'm just excited because the NETWORK is asking Ron... please be up to it! :D
"Brings a tear of nostalgia to my eye" -Flipside
------------------------------------------
I'm an Apostolic Christian (Acts: 2:38)
------------------------------------------
Official Interplay Freespace Stories
Predator
Hammer Of Light - Omen of Darkness
Freefall in Darkness
A Thousand Years

If the show is going to take place on another battlestar during the 1cw mabey its the Battlestar Enterprise.Just a thought.And if its a Galactica class ship im sure it wouldnt be a problem to rebuild the set.They did it in the Star Trek shows all the time.

You know what would be better than even another BSG show?A good BSG game.We had a crappy arcade style bsg game and a demo of a game that was never finished.

Offline Wolfy

well, we're already getting a BRILLIANT game, and you know this  :D otherwise, you wouldnt be in this forum

Offline FraktuRe

• Not stupid enough
  • Cheesy oneliner, *****es!
    • Fraktured Reality
There's also a browser based mmo in dev.
Or something.
There’s nothing like the truth skewed into the mind of the insane.
- Fraktured Reality
The artist formerly known as Cl1nt.

There's also a browser based mmo in dev.
Gee, I finally have hope there will be a good BSG video game besides Diaspora...

// end sarcasm
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline newman

Yea we know about it. Somehow the words "browser based" and "MMO" don't inspire much confidence in me. Knowing how the last official game turned out.. let's just say I have my doubts :)
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Doubts are fine but let's not start having a go at the new game until we have a little more to base it on. The problem with the last one wasn't so much what they did as the fact that it had very little to do with the actual show and made very poor use of the resources it had available.

Let's hope that the team behind this game have more sense. (And lets hope that management doesn't hobble the game like happened last time).
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

When you say browser based mmo BSG game are you talking about the Caprican?I wouldnt necessarily call that an mmo or a game.Sure its for roleplaying but theres not really a game aspect to it.

Offline SGT_R22eR

• The Nordic Frenchman known as Exakt now
Even if Sci-Fi (now SyFy, sorry, still not used to it) says no, they could always go to Studio6, maybe for a mini-series of 3 2 hours straight to DVD movies... IIRC, Studio6 is behind the 3rd Starship Troopers movie (a straight to DVD movie, which is better than the 2nd one IMO).
If we're the only people in the universe, it would be an awful waste of space.
A leader is a man who can adapt principles to circumstances.
The most valuable commodity I know of, is information.
Through the perception of illusion, we experience reality.
I run in circles on a daily basis.
There is a fine line between genius and foolishness... I walk on it permanently.
Proudly supporting Diaspora
Now mostly known as Exakt

Offline Locutus of Borg

• Who counted those posts?????????????
I am really getting tired of this TV series model that all shows, including Caprica, have adapted.

These 'mid-season' finales are offensive to me. The only purpose they serve is to break the seasons up for DVD sales. I will be very upset if I have to pay a sum of $90 for Season 1 and season 1.5 of Caprica.

We are the Borg
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own

Resistance is FUTILE

Offline newman

The breaking up of seasons, like they did with BSG season 4 (which is broken up into what they call season 4 and 5, essentially a 4th season in two parts), is pretty lame. That said I ordered both parts of season 4 from amazon recently (what they call seasons 4 and 5) and both cost me about 30$, shipping included. So yea it's lame but you really went overboard with the 90$ price. I seriously doubt you'd have to pay near enough even for blurays.

Offline Locutus of Borg

• Who counted those posts?????????????
In store, seasons 4 and 4.5 are both $45 each
We are the Borg
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own

Resistance is FUTILE

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft