Author Topic: unable to connect to lobby  (Read 2238 times)

Offline ss2

unable to connect to lobby
I just installed FS2 open .10 and was able to get to the lobby around 1:00 am EST.  later this morning, I tried again getting the error message "unable to connect to fs2open..."  could something have changed in my program, or is the server down for update?

Offline ss2

Re: unable to connect to lobby
Ok, saw the post beow this one and thought "ok, missed this must be me" went back and tred to connect just now and still get "failed to connect..."  I haven't changed anything from the time I connected earlier this morning.  what am i dong wrong?

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
this is another issue , i dont know if anyone else has nnoticed but the net is a bit buggy(last few days) , the fs2net server is down , well you can see the front page , byut no servers are visible, and in game there are no servers or more likely you get the "failed to connect to fs2net " message.

i dont know if this will be fixed this weekend or not , so best thing we can do is run direct IP games for tonight or until the problem resolves itself i will try and contact fubar to see if he can give me the direct Ip's to his 4 standalones , 2 FSo ,  fs port and a TBP sever

if you need any help please visit the HLP irc channel as we are usually in there being nice to each other.....

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline ss2

Ahhhh!  ok, Thanks!!  I was afraid it was something on my end.  What I've seen so far of fs2 open is great!  I've been playing the original game and was VERY pleased to find ut about this.  Our Gaming group, UGC, has recently sparked interest in having the occasional fs2 game night and this is exactly what we needed.  I'll check back occasionally to see wh the server is back up and hopefully will catch you there!!  Game on!

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
ok folks the standalone servers are still up , ip address's are in this thread , any problems please log into hlp irc ( its quicker that way and you may find some more players )

thread

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=65410.0

have fun
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Should be back up now.

The first time it went down was due to the server restarting (I still haven't gotten it all working properly for Ubuntu).  The more recent issues appear to be something wonky with the server, MySQL specifically.  I'll have to re-code a bit to work around that so that it can recover from database problems better.