Author Topic: Gosh, look at all the n00bs!  (Read 2005 times)

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Gosh, look at all the n00bs!
Wow, there certainly has been an influx of n00bies lately, go look at the Freespace MODing forum....
Before the VBB's shutting down, there were maybe one or two "how to do _____" but now, wow, it's like the entire page is that's all it is!
Maybe someone should make a n00b-MODing-only forum :D

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Maybe someone should answer the questions properly and then all the topics could drop off the board :)

I speak as someone who asked a couple of those questions and only did so after spending an hour reading through searches and finding nothing.

I still think we need a guide to modding. I`d write one myself but since I`m only just starting I'm in no position to do it.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
:wtf:

You don't understand the concept of diplomacy, do you?

Besides which, we're not gonna create an artificial distinction between the 'n00bs' and the 'vets'.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Hi, I am n00b, but I plan to read the FRED2 walkthrough before I start making anything, so hopefully, I will not be as confused as other people. :)

Then again, the game hasn't even arrived yet, so who knows...
"Vasudans and Shivans don't wear clothes coz they told the serpant to go expletive himself. :D" - an0n

:(:(:(

NotDefault

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by NotDefault
Hi, I am n00b, but I plan to read the FRED2 walkthrough before I start making anything, so hopefully, I will not be as confused as other people. :)

Oh you will be if you try making mods! :) Writing missions is fairly easy though. If you can do the walkthough you`re already halfway there. :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Besides which, we're not gonna create an artificial distinction between the 'n00bs' and the 'vets'.

:yes:

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by Shrike

Amen. :nod:
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Originally posted by NotDefault

Wow! You're a real n00by n00b!  Not one of us VBB n00bs!  n00btastic!

Ugh, head hurts from overuse of n00b...

...and welcome, too.  Enjoy FS2.

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!

Wow!! Shrike said something insightful and good! I never thought i'd see the day

(runs)

Anyway  :yes: :yes: :yes:
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack

You don't understand the concept of diplomacy, do you?

There goes my bestselling book "I, n00b" :doubt:
-C

Offline Kamikaze

• A Complacent Wind
    • http://www.nodewar.com
Originally posted by karajorma
Maybe someone should answer the questions properly and then all the topics could drop off the board :)

I speak as someone who asked a couple of those questions and only did so after spending an hour reading through searches and finding nothing.

I still think we need a guide to modding. I`d write one myself but since I`m only just starting I'm in no position to do it.

:lol: I remember I asked some new person-like questions when I first went to the VBB... I asked... what was it... how to make beams work? no, it was a "how to play mods and are they safe?" question... :p

I think a guide would be useful - maybe for me too. The tbls already have comments so I think a guide to using VP tools and getting them is needed...
Science alone of all the subjects contains within itself the lesson of the danger of belief in the infallibility of the greatest teachers in the preceding generation . . .Learn from science that you must doubt the experts. As a matter of fact, I can also define science another way: Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts. - Richard Feynman

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
Originally posted by Stunaep
Wow!! Shrike said something insightful and good! I never thought i'd see the day
I'm not exactly seeing you making any great contributions....
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
I'm not exactly seeing you making any great contributions....

I knew I shouldn't have said that.
 :doh:
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
lol;)
besides, he's right, I withdraw my opinions....