Poll

Which game from the Command & Conquer Tiberium Series was your favorite?

Red Alert
Tiberian Dawn
Tiberian Sun
Firestorm
Renegade
Tiberium Wars
Kane's Wrath
Tiberium Twilight

Author Topic: Tiberium News  (Read 2719 times)

Offline NFSRacer

• Professional aircraft crasher!
    • Steam
I've been wondering, what ever happened to Tiberium?  The game just suddenly dropped off the radar.  Can anyone tell me what happened to it?  I've been going nuts over it for a long time, and if I find out the game died, I may go insane!
"Said 'It was up to us.  Up to us, to decide.  You've become a virus that eating up it host.  We've been watching you with all our eye, and what you seem to value most.  'So much potential'.  Or so we used to say.  Your greed, self-importance, and your arrogance, you p*** it all away.'" - NIN from Year Zero

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Tiberium? The FPS by EA? It got canceled. Surprise!

And yes, I'm not joking.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I've been wondering, what ever happened to Tiberium?  The game just suddenly dropped off the radar.  Can anyone tell me what happened to it?  I've been going nuts over it for a long time, and if I find out the game died, I may go insane!

It was canceled last year.

I can't vote, the only one I've played enough of is Tib Wars.

However, I can say that I would not vote for Tiberium Twilight under any circumstances.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
Tiberium was canceled so that EALA could focus on making C&C4.  And we all see how well that turned out. :sigh: :doubt:
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I actually think it was cancelled for other reasons, namely internal politics and some horrifying staff problems. I read a post-mortem on it which basically explained that the project head was eager to kill the project so that he could work on something else he was interested in.

Oh and apparently most of the designers were young, inexperienced folks who all wanted to be the AI lead.

Oh and apparently most of the designers were young, inexperienced folks who all wanted to be the AI lead.
That's certainly quite inexperienced.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Tiberian Sun FTW.  I just loved the look and feel of the units and bases.  That, and concrete wasn't about as reflective as a mirror.

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
The first one was the best to me

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
To be honest, I think I'm going to have to go with Wars for its good level design, the Scrin payoff, and the extremely high-quality acting for the FMVs.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Seconded. Wars was great.

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
TibWars/Kane's Wrath was C&C perfected to me.  KW I liked a little bit better simply because of the different factions, but as a whole it's incredibly well made.  Also, taking orders from Michael Ironside was just badass.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I like TD the best, followed by TW. I still think TD has the best singleplayer campaign (especially the puzzle-like limited force missions) and the most realistic and believable story. It also has the best Kane by some distance. :p TW also brought many good ideas to the C&C gameplay and universe, and generally felt very polished and feature-packed.

I actually spent more time with RA1 than any of the others, as it had great mod capabilities for its time. The singleplayer missions were very good too, but looking back at it now, the unit and side balance in the base game was quite poor.

TibWars/Kane's Wrath was C&C perfected to me.  KW I liked a little bit better simply because of the different factions, but as a whole it's incredibly well made.

KW's campaign and sides/units were good, but it had some major bugs and balance problems in skirmish and multiplayer that weren't in TW.

Boy, when I was just a little kid I would play RA1 against the Easy computer, turtle, then bombard him with Cruisers when I teched up enough.  Force attack FTW!

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
TW was outstanding from a technical standpoint, but something about it felt less... tiberian-y is the only way i can think of to describe that.  to me it was kinda like generals thrown into the tiberain universe.  kane's wrath was pretty good, i especially like the epic units, but rather buggy.  and global conquest is just dumb.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
The first one was the best to me
:yes:

Seconded.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline anthrax

• less talking more shootting
I gotta say red alert 2 remind me of good ol time...
Bring on DA PAIN!

Offline Sololop

I voted Tiberian Sun, as it was the first c&c game I played, and still my absolute favorite. When you find the forgottens ship... it's just all so awesome.. I like the original Red Alert, and Red alert 2+YR. C&C3 was good, but felt a bit too different. Still liked it, though. I haven't played any others than them.