Author Topic: F.3.A.R 3 revealed  (Read 6453 times)

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=241982&site=cvg

Yah another one  :D ! i am a fan of the series, except for the add on packs for the first one. Yes 2 had its problems but i still enjoyed it. Also bringing back the point man and his dead bro fettel hmmm, oh and john carpernter is also lending a hand to the single player part of the game. Wonder if beckket will get a mention hmmm......

Just wish Monolith would do another BLood and Shogo game!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I hope hope hope they bring back the AI and gunplay kinetics from the first one. FEAR 2 was 'orrid.

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
I certainly agree with you on that one!
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I hope i hope i hope they lose the "press X to not die" qte facets. apart from dry humping Alma.......
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
I liked the expansions... :nervous:
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i have to admit, i'm not holding out much hope for this.  Fear 1 was epic, though i thought the combat mechanics were rather poor.  fear 2 was trash for a sequel.  it was different game that shared some character names as far as i'm concerned.  based on the box art, i'm guessing the atmosphere is not returning to what it was in 1, and the story is getting even more screwed up as they scramble trying to recover from 2.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
You thought the combat mechanics in FEAR were poor? Goodness gracious, you must have high standards.

It's still pretty much my benchmark for lifelike AI (it's a wonderful illusion, yes, but nonetheless an extraordinarily compelling one.)

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
AI was fine, what i meant by combat mechanics was guns, grenades and such.  i felt like i had little control over my guns.  everything burst fired, recoil was horrendous.  it felt like i was just spraying bullets willy-nilly when slomo wasn't on.  only FPS game i've ever played where i was completely unable to mitigate recoil with my mouse.  the grenades might be what irritated me the most though.  i died SO many times from my own grenade when either i'd pop out, throw it, and pop back, only to have it bounce off the wall back at me because of the retardedly long delay, or hit a door frame for the same effect because the point man threw like a girl playing slow pitch softball.  i DID really like the mele though, they kindof screwed those up a bit in 2.  

acutally, i take that back.  i remember now what annoyed me the most, the way the replicas seemed to become invulnerable when they did their "getting shot" staggering animations. 
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 08:53:06 pm by Klaustrophobia »

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
AI was fine, what i meant by combat mechanics was guns, grenades and such.  i felt like i had little control over my guns.  everything burst fired, recoil was horrendous.  it felt like i was just spraying bullets willy-nilly when slomo wasn't on.  only FPS game i've ever played where i was completely unable to mitigate recoil with my mouse.

*GASP!*  almost as if it were.... realistic?!

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
what the hell is realistic about undead little girls melting flesh, psychic commanders, slo-mo, and clone armies?  i'd rather it be playable, thanks.  and i don't buy a grenade throwing 1.5 seconds after i tell it to as being realistic anyway.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I loved the guns in FEAR.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
what the hell is realistic about undead little girls melting flesh, psychic commanders, slo-mo, and clone armies?  i'd rather it be playable, thanks.  and i don't buy a grenade throwing 1.5 seconds after i tell it to as being realistic anyway.

You know very well that I meant the weapons part, not the story, or I wouldn't have quoted your complaint about weapons.  On a related note, have you ever actually tried retrieving a grenade from your combat gear, pulling the pin, popping the safety, and then lobbing it?  1.5 seconds from beginning of action to throw is actually pretty fast.

You kids these days, spoiled with your Halo and Call of Duty. :P

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
FEAR was not significantly different from Call of Duty in most respects.

FEAR had medkits, which is how real men restore health.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
my point in realism is if we are throwing realism to the wind, why should we all the sudden care about it for how the weapons handle?  and as for the grenades, if we are going to equate that to real life, the way i see it is press button=initiate throw, meaning the prep work is done.  if you want to put in the prep time, you need something like a press and hold to prep, release to throw.  then you can actually do things like pop out, throw, duck, instead of having to rely on guesswork timing.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
The guns were a ton of fun. That's why I loved them.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
This is cool news. I liked both F.E.A.R and F.E.A.R PO .. I still need to play the F2:s expansion though.
Habeeb it...

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
my point in realism is if we are throwing realism to the wind, why should we all the sudden care about it for how the weapons handle?  and as for the grenades, if we are going to equate that to real life, the way i see it is press button=initiate throw, meaning the prep work is done.  if you want to put in the prep time, you need something like a press and hold to prep, release to throw.  then you can actually do things like pop out, throw, duck, instead of having to rely on guesswork timing.

Because it makes the experience better. And it increases the difficulty.
Do you know how hard it is to hit a guy with a assault rifle in real life? And that's exactly what makes most game so damn easy - the player is superhumanly accurate, and has loads of health.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline mxlm

"Steve Niles," I thought, "Wow! I liked 30 Days of Night!" And then I realized that 30 Days of Night was the only Niles comic I liked, and that I long ago stopped trying his stuff. ****.

FEAR was not significantly different from Call of Duty in most respects.

FEAR didn't have terrorist closets, and those things killed my enjoyment of MW
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.