Author Topic: Couple of questions regarding Coop campaign  (Read 2243 times)

Offline Ryze

Couple of questions regarding Coop campaign
Hello all!

Finally found a buddy to play campaign coop with :D!!

So I have some questions:

1. How to change the difficulty for campaign missions? Can't do it in the options in the main menu after choosing a multiplayer pilot and there doesn't seem to be any option for it when creating a server (or we're probably just blind :P)

2. Is the mission "Mystery of the Trinity" bugged or something? It's one of the first missions in the nebula in the beginning of the campaign. We started the mission, followed Zeta 1 and after about 1-2 mins the Trinity just randomly explodes and we are ordered to return to base, no fighting the shivans what so ever.  Tried restarting and both of us being the server. No go.

3. Do we need to do anything special to play the FS1 campaign in coop? I do as the idiot guide says, use the mod fsports_mediavps (or whatever it's called exactly). Start the game and go multiplayer, the original FS1 campaign is not there. Only FS2 part 1 and 2, silent threat part 1-5, the original templars campaign, one called something with altair and a last custom (i think, can't remember the name right now, at work :P) campaign. None of them says anything about being the original FS1 campaign. We both downloaded "The works", do we also need to install FS1 on our computers? If so, in the same directory as FS2open and FS2?

Thanks for your help and time! :D
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 03:09:18 am by Ryze »

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: Couple of questions regarding Coop campaign
Hello all!

Finally found a buddy to play campaign coop with :D!!

So I have some questions:

1. How to change the difficulty for campaign missions? Can't do it in the options in the main menu after choosing a multiplayer pilot and there doesn't seem to be any option for it when creating a server (or we're probably just blind :P)

Whoever the host is sets the difficulty on the same screen where they choose the campaign to play.  There is a button (pretty sure it's called host options) where you set respawns, difficulty, etc. 

2. Is the mission "Mystery of the Trinity" bugged or something? It's one of the first missions in the nebula in the beginning of the campaign. We started the mission, followed Zeta 1 and after about 1-2 mins the Trinity just randomly explodes and we are ordered to return to base, no fighting the shivans what so ever.  Tried restarting and both of us being the server. No go.

No idea on this one.  If it is it's the first I've heard of it. 

3. Do we need to do anything special to play the FS1 campaign in coop? I do as the idiot guide says, use the mod fsports_mediavps (or whatever it's called exactly). Start the game and go multiplayer, the original FS1 campaign is not there. Only FS2 part 1 and 2, silent threat part 1-5, the original templars campaign, one called something with altair and a last custom (i think, can't remember the name right now, at work :P) campaign. None of them says anything about being the original FS1 campaign. We both downloaded "The works", do we also need to install FS1 on our computers? If so, in the same directory as FS2open and FS2?

Thanks for your help and time! :D

I don't know if anyone ever made a multi version of the FS1 campaign.  I don't see any missions that look like multi player versions in FSPort so that is probably the issue there. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

They haven't, Black Omega and one or two others are dotted around (Also, Tempest), but the FS1 Campaign was never 'converted'.
"Neutrality means that you don't really care, cuz the struggle goes on even when you're not there: Blind and unaware."

"We still believe in all the things that we stood by before,
and after everything we've seen here maybe even more.
I know we're not the only ones, and we were not the first,
and unapologetically we'll stand behind each word."

Offline Ryze

Hmmm then I guess I must have missunderstood:

"IMPORTANT CAMPAIGN INFO:

The FreeSpace 2 campaign is the one enabled by default. If you want to start from the very beginning of the FreeSpace 1 campaign (and I see no reason why you wouldn't) then you need to use the "MOD" tab on the launcher and select the original campaign using the instructions below:

Simply click "Select mod", select "fsport-mediavps" folder from the list, and click "OK". Then start the game, create a new pilot, go to the Campaign Room and select the FS1 main campaign. Voila. When you are done with the original campaign and want to try "Silent Threat: Reborn", follow the instructions in this thread. Note that you should have ST:R already installed so there's no need to download anything. When you're done with both of those and want to play the daddy, FS2, then simply change your current mod folder to "mediavps" from the Launcher, as we've done before."

Taken from the idiots guide in the general discussion....

Could anyone please clarify this? :)

And thanks for the other answers!

EDIT: Ahh I get it now I think, the FS1 campaign that's only for singleplayer right? :P
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 07:26:41 am by Ryze »

Correct.
As with Silent Threat Reborn.
"Neutrality means that you don't really care, cuz the struggle goes on even when you're not there: Blind and unaware."

"We still believe in all the things that we stood by before,
and after everything we've seen here maybe even more.
I know we're not the only ones, and we were not the first,
and unapologetically we'll stand behind each word."