Author Topic: Ships timeline  (Read 2035 times)

hey guys,

I have been reading the wiki quite a lot lately, and was wondering if anyone has thought of adding a timeline of the ships life-cycle for the examples listed in the wiki?

Something that could simply reference the year/decade where the ship was first produced, put into service, and roughly the main period where it flourished...

I feel this would make a good reference for modders looking to include ships since they will be aware then of what ships are set in their specific time period, and help keep the FS universe in post-Capella and years beyond that fresh and new in terms of technology...

Thoughts anyone?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Problem is, I think, that we don't have any canon info about this.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
We may gather some dates from the ship tech descriptions, but there won't be many.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Hey guys,

Cannon dates is one thing, I was also thinking of mod ships, like BP ships or any other, if the author or whoever is placing them in the wiki would make the timeline there it would help others when trying to decide on what ships correspond to their time period, and what back story to create to justify a "older" ship in a future timeline or vice versa.

EDIT: poor spelling, yes even poorer than what it is now. :)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Doing Timelines like that for mod continuities, and for the retail campaigns might be worthwhile. I know that we have a rather extensive "future history" for BP, which we will reveal at some point. That said, a project like that should be more comprehensive than just a timeline of ship classes or weapons.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns