Author Topic: Coop-misions?  (Read 5093 times)

Offline kir2yar

Any new coop?
Preferably with new fighters and weapons.
Standard equipment from FS2 bit tired. I want to fly fighters from DoS or to fly on a Shivan.   :D
I am from Russia. Sorry for my English.
I use Google Translator.

jabber: [email protected]

Then I would suggest you make them.
"Neutrality means that you don't really care, cuz the struggle goes on even when you're not there: Blind and unaware."

"We still believe in all the things that we stood by before,
and after everything we've seen here maybe even more.
I know we're not the only ones, and we were not the first,
and unapologetically we'll stand behind each word."

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Any new coop?
Preferably with new fighters and weapons.
Standard equipment from FS2 bit tired. I want to fly fighters from DoS or to fly on a Shivan.   :D

The Dawn of Sol fighters aren't from Dawn of Sol; they're Steve-O's Federal Fighter Pack ships, which are up for public use. You can feel free to grab them for use in your own co-op mod.

I know that The_E made a co-op version of at least one Blue Planet mission, which would have some new ships.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
I know that The_E made a co-op version of at least one Blue Planet mission, which would have some new ships.

Was it Forced Entry, by any chance? If so, I made one of those too. That, or you're talking about mine. Or maybe he modified mine.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Well the inclusion of flyable Shivan fighters is already planned and some work done on it.  Will still be awhile before it becomes reality. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline kir2yar

Then I would suggest you make them.

Well, at least I need to compile from source wxFRED2 ... Or find the binary for my ubuntu.

Besides it, I have no experience in this field.
But I'll try.
Its hard to imagine how I will write the text at the briefing.  :lol:
I use Google Translator.

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
wxFRED2 doesn't really exist yet, so don't hold your breath for that one. :)

Regular Windows builds of FRED2 do work pretty well in versions of Wine newer than 0.92 though.  The UI can be a little flaky at times, but nothing that should prevent use.  And I can't really think of anything that doesn't work properly with current builds of Wine and FRED2.  Most if not all of the problems I managed to fix a couple of years ago on our side, and pretty much all other issues were sorted out in newer Wine versions.

Offline kir2yar

Works. ) Has already started to deal with the missions.
Damn, if only I knew English better ...
I use Google Translator.

Offline kir2yar

By the way, why most of the mods are made for singleplayer?
I use Google Translator.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
FreeSpace 2 multiplayer has bad netcode and isn't much fun.

Offline kir2yar

We're playing a family four-player game each evening. Gameplay is not very common, but I would say that it is very interesting.

About netcode... The only thing that severely hinders - the strong delay in the management of ETS. In a local area network, with almost instant ping this should not be.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 09:58:56 am by kir2yar »
I use Google Translator.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I should say that I do really enjoy LAN co-op.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I think it would be great if certain things happened client side before they were verified by the server as allowed.  The client should have a pretty good idea what's allowed most of the time and not cause you to wait for things like ETS changes.  But yeah, LAN pings are definitely a help with FS2 still.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline kir2yar

Thin server - fat client model?

Like the one that bloodfronter (http://www.bloodfrontier.com/)
This game fully playable with the ping of 300. (No lags, no teleportation)

I do not think that should now be afraid of cheaters ...
I use Google Translator.

Sorta depends..... if squad war really does return, putting more power into the hands of the client should be done very carefully.
The few bits that are already clientside are enough to exploit PXO code.. ;s
"Neutrality means that you don't really care, cuz the struggle goes on even when you're not there: Blind and unaware."

Offline kir2yar

Heh, just need to write a demo on the server and clients. And after the game automatically compare and find inconsistencies.

In FS there is no need to "hack of transparent walls"-countermeasures.
On the other hand, I can not imagine how to deal with "aiming"-hacking. But it does not depend on the netcode.

All the other hacks can be easily seen by comparing the demo received from two different clients. I think such a comparison may even take place in fully automatic mode.

upd: By the way, FS is able to record a demo?
I use Google Translator.

Nope.
Also, moreover, there is already some cheating in the fashion you're talking about 'being a problem' and 'being able to code around it' :P

Offline kir2yar

OK, the first card of the company is ready. It remains only to write text, make briefing and the chatter of pilots.

As completed yet - so to put up a forum for balancing.
By the way, how much time should last COOP campaign? Given the fact that while it can not be interrupted and have to play without stopping?

PS. FRED2 sexp - strongly reminded me of the ugliness that was in StarCraft. There was a very similar approach to the scripts.
I use Google Translator.

Multi can be paused using the pause button, the host (and person that paused it) can unpause it but anyone can pause it.

Coop missions can be as long as you like, although you should be aware that there is a bug in multi that sometimes occurs in long missions where clients get 'duplicated' and AI takes control of the duplicate, each time either dies the clients respawns are reduced by one, although the AI duplicate always has beyond-perfect AI.

Offline kir2yar

I mean, how long the players are ready to play in multi. About pauses know, I mean that you can not interrupt the game at all, and continue tomorrow.

When my family played the original campaign, we had to run the mission by one, because the whole campaign for the day, we certainly would not do.

Ah, even in my opinion, the translation by Google turned out some freaky. :(
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 04:48:29 am by kir2yar »
I use Google Translator.