Author Topic: F.E.A.R. PC Expansions Problems  (Read 1345 times)

Offline NFSRacer

• Professional aircraft crasher!
    • Steam
F.E.A.R. PC Expansions Problems
I'm having some trouble with F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate.  For some reason, after I get through the first part of the first chapter and I start loading the next part, the loading bar will get half-way, then just stop.  What makes it even more odd, I've got, played, and beaten F.E.A.R. and Extraction Point without much trouble (unless you consider weapon damage glitches problems).  Has anyone else been have similar problems?
"Said 'It was up to us.  Up to us, to decide.  You've become a virus that eating up it host.  We've been watching you with all our eye, and what you seem to value most.  'So much potential'.  Or so we used to say.  Your greed, self-importance, and your arrogance, you p*** it all away.'" - NIN from Year Zero

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
Re: F.E.A.R. PC Expansions Problems
never had that problem.  a reinstall might sort you out.  or just let it sit for a bit, sometimes they hang.  did you defrag after installing?  that alieviates TONS of loading issues.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline NFSRacer

• Steam
Actually, I got all three through STEAM.  It took me about 26 hours just to download and install it and I even defraged the files and verified the cashe files, but I still got the same problem.  I may try to re-install it this summer, but do you even have any idea as to what could cause this?
"Said 'It was up to us.  Up to us, to decide.  You've become a virus that eating up it host.  We've been watching you with all our eye, and what you seem to value most.  'So much potential'.  Or so we used to say.  Your greed, self-importance, and your arrogance, you p*** it all away.'" - NIN from Year Zero

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i do now.  STEAM.  :lol:

honestly i'd give support a shout at this point.  small chance of it helping, but you might get to ***** at someone and feel a bit better :P

Offline NFSRacer

• Steam
Yeah, if only it did make me feel better.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i'm pretty sure the answer is no, but can you get a refund from steam?  if so do it and buy a disk copy.  i got mine from amazon on the cheap. 

Offline NFSRacer

• Steam
I don't think STEAM  does that, but how much was it for you?  The package goes for $9.99 on STEAM.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
about that.  i got all three for roughly $30, a year and a half ago or so.

Offline NFSRacer

• Steam
Hmmm...That's a bit too much for my tastes.  I'll look around.  They may have dropped in price.