Author Topic: Activision-Blizzard is Now Pretty Much Just Activision  (Read 6752 times)

Re: Activision-Blizzard is Now Pretty Much Just Activision
In related news, Darth Kotick has come up with a plan to attract indie developers to make games for Activision.

I could say something, but Admiral Ackbar can say the same thing better:
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
That...can't be good.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline mxlm

Arise!

So, anyone been paying attention to the RealID flap? Yeah, okay, I'm convinced now. I'm also somewhat concerned, because while I don't play WoW and don't intend to, I will be playing SC2, and it now seems entirely possible that these mother****ers are going to make telling people my real name a, um, requirement. At which point I guess I'll stop playing.

Because it seems likely we're only seeing the first steps in what is an attempt to get in on Facebook's action. An attempt to get the Farmville crowd into WoW, and, well, Activision as a whole. At this point I'm expecting WoW, MW3, SC2 and so on to all use RealID in an integrated network.
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Jesus. How the mighty have fallen.  :(

There is zero question in my mind that Activision is involved in this.

Offline mxlm

Hearsay--and I stress hearsay--is that basically all the Blizzard folks are pissed, and have been told in no uncertain terms that while they're free to do whatever the hell they want with their gameplay, Battle.net and the acquisition of new players is entirely in Activision's hands now.
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
To continue here: After the internet hate machine stepped into the gap (Finding the details of a bunch of Blizz-activision employees and posting them under the same kinda requirements that B/A was wanting to introduce), Blizz-Activision capitulated on that, and have removed the plans for that, but have warned in a rather stiffly-worded post that they intend to find other ways to excercise control over their forums.

So, one disaster averted, but perhaps another crisis looms in the near future.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Remember when games were about having a fun time?
Why does it seem like the developers/publishers are trying their hardest to make it... less fun...?
I was going to say something else but then I clicked on that youtube link that showed all those cute little kittens in a sink and forgot what it was about.

Edit: Wow, after reading only half of the article in the first post, I'm already raging like the fist of the mother****ingnorthstar

Kotick noted that in the past he changed the employee incentive program so that it "really rewards profit and nothing else." He continued, "You have studio heads who five years ago didn't know the difference between a balance sheet and a bed sheet who are now arguing allocations in our CFO's office pretty regularly. ... We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games."
Fffuuuuuu- why is this piece of trash in charge? I'm more and more hoping the game industry will just come crashing down and that only people that like to make fun games for fun will be the people that emerge from its rubble
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 12:05:30 pm by Spoon »
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them