Author Topic: Cockpit Simulator Questions  (Read 3767 times)

Cockpit Simulator Questions
Hello,
First off let me say that of all I have seen you are all doing an incredible job and I can't wait for the release. I was wondering if it is possible to write code so that side views of the cockpit windows can be sent to other monitors. I have an old fully enclosed Microsoft Flight Sim cockpit that I built and am converting to an x-wing cockpit. I would like to be able to have dedicated monitors on the left and right of the glass showing continuous side views while flying. Can this be done? Also is it possible to write code to have instrumentation ( like shield and laser power indicators in alliance) coded to go to screens as well? I can contribute financially to this sort of project if need be.
Fredd3039

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Re: Cockpit Simulator Questions
I swear we _just_ went over this :P

One way you could do it is to use a setup that fools it into thinking you actually have one really wide monitor.  The HUD code will soon be dynamic enough to make that feasible as well.  If you're willing to put a bounty on a project to further enhance support for this type of thing though, you've got my ears.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
If you're willing to put a bounty on a project to further enhance support for this type of thing though, you've got my ears.

You are free to use any methods necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegrations.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline CountBuggula

• Fate of the Galaxy
If you're willing to put a bounty on a project to further enhance support for this type of thing though, you've got my ears.

You are free to use any methods necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegrations.

You, sir....made me laugh out loud.  I approve.

And yes, we recently talked about something similar.  Technology has recently progressed to make the TripleHeadToGo obsolete and unnecessary - ATI's Eyefinity technology allows for 3-6 monitors (possibly more in the future).  Very cool stuff.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Archaic

i need to get that...

I guess what I am asking is, when using multiple monitors for side windows, hud, etc, does special coding have to be done in the program so that the outputs go where I need them? Obviously the computer doesnt know which screen is the left side window. Lets say I want to build a HUD using an OLED screen. All of this needs coded in the scripting right?