Author Topic: Amiga FS2 at the VCF!  (Read 1774 times)

Offline Cyker

Amiga FS2 at the VCF!
I was at the VCF in Bletchley Park yesterday and the guys in the Amiga tent had an actual boxed retail version of Freespace 2!

Obviously it's far away from SCP on a 3D accelerator, and playing it on a digital stick took a lot of getting used to, but I must admit I was impressed; Didn't think an Amiga could handle something like FS2!

It's a pity today is the last day AND father's day, but if any of you are near Milton Keynes, I'd recommend a visit! Couldn't believe the crazy stuff some of these guys had running (Favs were the Shredz64 guitar hero clone on a C64, and the WAV file and Ethernet bootloaders for the Spectrums :lol:)

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Amiga FS2 at the VCF!
Now I wouldn't mind seeing that. :D

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Didn't think an Amiga could handle something like FS2!

Can't see why not. The Amiga was the only platform to ever get a port of FS1 after all.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Didn't think an Amiga could handle something like FS2!

Can't see why not. The Amiga was the only platform to ever get a port of FS1 after all.

It should. The differences in code between FS1 and FS2 are quite minor. It's like D1 to D2, really.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Heh, now there's some names I haven't seen in a long, long time :D

It would have been nice just to see a ZX Spectrum in the plastic again, I still have an old Oric1 and Oric Atmos in the loft, it's funny really, my Soundcard could outprocess either one of them, but then, they have a lot of memories, I programmed a 100% Machine-code disk copier program, and a mixed-code User Defined Graphics editor, I guess there's a lot of nostalgia in those pieces of plastic :)