Author Topic: Can't see people or games, but they should be there  (Read 2866 times)

Can't see people or games, but they should be there
Hello

I can't see anyone else on the fs2netd server. The chat room tells me that there are 3 games running and that I'm the only one online, i can't see any other public rooms.

When i click Games, i don't see any games. Altough on the chat room it said 3, and it still does.

Now when i go to http://fs2netd.game-warden.com/?op=1 and log in, i see that there are 3 games running, i can see myself and other players online, such as "templar", "kadaver" and "bethencsoft"

I used this to install everything http://www.fsoinstaller.com/files/installer/java/FreeSpaceOpenInstaller.jar, apart from the normal FS2 install.

I did try to forward the ports required to host games, but that didn't do anything.

What is it that I'm missing here? I tried googling but most said that there simply aren't people online, but i don't think the case here is that.

EDIT:

I tried hosting, and it tells me that i have a hacked version of ships.tbl I got this result with and without mediavps MOD

I wonder if i have installed something that i shouldn't have or is this normal?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 11:04:28 am by Rajamonni »

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Can't see people or games, but they should be there
You need the root_fs2.vp (and only that!) from this package: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/karajorma/FAQ/Downloads/HotUv1.20Pack.rar

You also need to join the #hard-light channel on irc.esper.net (mibbit widget link in my sig). You can arrange games and get more troubleshooting help there.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Thanks for your reply.

However, this doesn't fix my problem.

Joined the irc channel.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
The servers you see are running inferno builds.  They will only be visible to other inferno builds.  So if you aren't using a 3.6.12 RC2 inferno build get that from the release thread and give it a try. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

I have done this, but it didn't fix it.

I discussed this issue on the irc channel where they adviced me to do this.

Some of the people there also joined the server to test if i could see them, which i did. I could chat with them in the lobby, but i couldn't join any games they hosted. However, they could join the game i hosted.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
OK then this is a weird one.  Only other test I can think of is after you host and game and someone joins have them host and see if you can join then.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Can't RC* see .10 Final but not the other way around btw..? or did I misread, somewhere back when we were talking about the packet breaking version I think it was mentioned...
"Neutrality means that you don't really care, cuz the struggle goes on even when you're not there: Blind and unaware."

"We still believe in all the things that we stood by before,
and after everything we've seen here maybe even more.
I know we're not the only ones, and we were not the first,
and unapologetically we'll stand behind each word."

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Can't RC* see .10 Final but not the other way around btw..? or did I misread, somewhere back when we were talking about the packet breaking version I think it was mentioned...
The .12 RC builds can see each other but they can't see older builds.  The .10 builds can see .10 and older builds but not the .12 builds.