Author Topic: Blender whoas  (Read 2227 times)

Blender is giving me severe trouble.  When I open it, any action taken causes the screen to clear.  The outline of the program still appears in grey,  but all buttons dissapear.  When I move the cursor over the spot where a button was, it comes back, but any subsequent action causes the srceen to go again.  
I've posted this on the VBB, and have recieved some replies, but still haven't been able to fix it.  Any help is much appreciated, as I have several ideas for new fighters and cap ships.

------------------
How many @ssh0les do we have on this ship anyway?

Offline Max Sterling

• Veritech Ace
sounds like a graphics card problem. Drivers?

------------------
-Max

Hi.
-Max

Creator of Altered Spirits
http://www.alteredspiritsfilm.com

Creator of the FS2 Robotech MOD
http://robotechlan.com/freespace2/
and Bosch Beer.

Originally posted by Max Sterling:
sounds like a graphics card problem. Drivers?

I'll check tonight, but everything else works with the card/drivers

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
as far as i know blender uses openGL and some other stuff

------------------
           [email protected]                  
we all die but when we die we die whit spacecrack.
staff member ofSoc Inferno
iqc 102628858
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline The Claw

• Run! Chickens Incoming!
I had that problem... what OS u using? When I had '98 it did that, but now I managed to upgrade to ME it doesn't seem to...
Also, check drivers etc, like Mr Max ( ) said, and if that don't work, try reinstalling Blender to a different directory (although that didn't fix it for me, it apparently did for a friend)

------------------
"Supernova, ya supernova, supernova goes pop
supernova, ya think it's over but the supernova don't stop" PM5K
Death:"Arnold Judas Rimmer... your life is over. You will travel with me to the-"
#knees death in the groin#
Rimmer:"Remember matey, it's only the good that die young"
"Do not fear the chickens. Become one with the chickens. Respect the chickens and... #BOK!# LEG IT!!!"
The Claw... project coordinater of Alternate Reality and Story-line help-guy of The Perfect Storm.
"I love the English for three reasons. One, we always beat you at rugby. Two, your wives are always friendly. Three you fought like devils to save us" Old French bloke at my uncles pub.
"One has plenty of time for contemplation while waiting for the endless waves of bad doggie werewolf monsters that chew your toes while you sleep"-Dradeel, BG2

Yea, I have '98 SE.  Maybe I can "Borrow" my roomates OS, 2000 or ME, not sure which.  And does blender have to be in the FS folder/dircetory?  Right now it isn't.  Haven't checked the drivers and stuff yet, working sick hours is not conducive to learning to mod  

BTW, I hope you recognise my sig.  I don't want you to think I'm just an @$$h0Le  
------------------

[This message has been edited by C.M.Stone (edited 05-18-2001).]

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Blender seems to work fine with my copy of Windows (98 SE), although I do get some problems after saving to DXF (the computer restarts itself) - but that happens with other programs (IE5, Fifa, Championship Manger) so I know it probably ain't Blender.