Author Topic: Turret trouble  (Read 1321 times)

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Just hoping I could get some advice on turrets.

Right, I've created my model, converted to cob, to pof, edited in modelview, etc, adding turret details as in KillMeNow's tutorial.

The only problem is that it won't fire   !!

I load up the (test) mission, free all beams and - nothing happens!  When I ask it to attack the target, it simply 'orbits' it without firing.  The turret is located in the centre of the front of the ship, pointing directly forward (0,0,1) - and starting pointed at the target ship (NB:  the turret does not rotate atall)

The closest thing I can figure out is that there is no light displayed in ModelView - however, there is definately a light glued to the middle of the turret in TS1... does anyone understand this?

(NB:  the turret is targetable and starts off with a BFGreen in the test mission)

Offline Jabu

• One of our many cases
Got a table entry? And check the name of the turret.

The lights are just there to break the hierarchy, so it doesn't fall into one branch but keeps the turret bits seperate. The lights are pretty much ignored in the conversion, so they don't carry into FS.

Offline morris13

• New Marshal in town...
Yeah, if you can actually see the lights, or anything else that isn't a part of your model in Modelview, it means you did something wrong. You'll have that if you use the wrong light, for example.
If it aint broke, break it!

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
I'll check over the table data again, although I'm sure it's fine.  what I meant by 'light' was that, I've been compairng my front turret to a similar one on the Hecate, and all the turrets on the Hecate have a light displayed in ModelView (edit pof mode), and as far as i can tell, the only thing different on mine is that my turret doe not have the same light as the Hecate.

[edit] fixed it - I just needed to add in lights in ModelView to the firing points and it worked fine (well, the rotational centre of the barrel was well dodgy) [/edit]

[This message has been edited by aldo_14 (edited 05-26-2001).]