Author Topic: Crysis (Split from SotS2 Thread)  (Read 5918 times)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Re: Crysis (Split from SotS2 Thread)
A pretty broad statement, isn't it?

Okay.

Nobody sane liked that ending.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline mxlm

Seyla
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
A pretty broad statement, isn't it?

Okay.

Everyone sane liked that ending.

Fixed
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Fixed

I'm pretty sure every videogame reviewer ever and 90% of the gaming public at the least will disagree with your notion that sanity engenders love for the end of Crysis.

So unless you're suggesting they're all insane...

A Feddie Story

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Yes, because claiming that 99% of the world is behind you with nothing backing up those words is the hallmark of sanity.

I know people who liked the ending. I personally found it satisfactory - it did what is was meant to do - leave you wanting for more.

Altough I have to ask - when you say "final level" are you referring the last boss fight, the fixing reactors and after part, or everything from when you come to the carrier onward?

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Yes, because claiming that 99% of the world is behind you with nothing backing up those words is the hallmark of sanity.

Read a review of Crysis that mentions the last portion of the game. Any one. I will bet and lay odds that 90% of the people who played the game reacted with a "wtf was that" to the ending if they thought about it.

I know people who liked the ending. I personally found it satisfactory - it did what is was meant to do - leave you wanting for more.

Altough I have to ask - when you say "final level" are you referring the last boss fight, the fixing reactors and after part, or everything from when you come to the carrier onward?

I'm not saying "final level". Battuta referred to the rail-shooter-wtf of the after the carrier has been sunk by giant space flea from nowhere, where as I have already defined "the ending" as "from the flight deck onward" earlier in this thread.

A Feddie Story

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
First time on the flight deck (arriving on carrier) or second time on the flight deck (fighting off aliens)?

Nevermind. Yes, it was more railroady, but so what? It's the end of the game. They have a tendency to be like that.

Note, the ending could have been better - but then again, practilcy every ending I can think of can in one way or another.

Well, the ending to Crysis was one of the biggest cliffhangers I can think of.  You show up, fight your way through the carrier, nuke the alien warship, then you fly away into enemy territory with a monologue about being able to defeat them now, and so far we haven't been able to.  That's the biggest letdown to me of the ending, it works you up into a "we can kick alien ass" mode, and then whacks you off right at the knees.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Tell you what it reminded me of a bit, you know those old 1990's Japanese shooters, where you'd shoot down the guy you'd been hunting down the whole game and suddenly there'd be dramatic music and some Engrish like 'Ha! You think that Big Boss? Meet new Supermachine! Ha! Ha! Ha!', and something even bigger would appear on screen...

That.