Author Topic: Diaspora 2nd Voice Acting Casting Call  (Read 28814 times)

Re: Diaspora 2nd Voice Acting Casting Call
It was a riff...and I'm glad you found it funny. :)

Recording tonight, will try to get them sent in tomorrow.

Question on the topic of accents- did any Irish accents show up and thus can be considered canon? I grew up over there before moving to the States and did my secondary education there, so it's nice and fresh up there with my standard non-accented American (huzzah for Arizona being accent neutral).

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Romo Lampkin had an accent that was sorta Irish (I think.)

Offline jason_k

• http://www.heavenvariant.com
If we've already sent an audition in can we send in alternative auditions with different styles of delivery? Or should we just stick with the audition we've already sent? I guess in a way I'm asking if I can augment my previous audition with a different persona's delivery, or if I should have consolidated it all into a single audition email. Sorry if this has been answered already. I don't want to be the bastard that screws up how you all have organized your casting call. lol.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 08:22:47 pm by jason_k »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Feel free to send in a different version.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Sorry on the delay, but Apollo has decided to sow disease and plague amongst my family, and right now I can barely breath, let alone throw out comm chatter....

Will hopefully be better by this weekend. :)

I think I will submit an audition!

Offline newman

Feel free. Welcome to the boards :)
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Sololop

I've never contributed before, so why not start here? My dry, monotonous, call-centre beaten voice must be good for something!

Do I just toss an Email to Kara with the appropriate files?

Offline newman

I've never contributed before, so why not start here? My dry, monotonous, call-centre beaten voice must be good for something!

Do I just toss an Email to Kara with the appropriate files?

Sure, we definitely need voice actors. Please refer to the first post of this thread for the email address you need to send it to and some technical instructions. Thank you.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Magpi

What do "Krypter" and "wilco" mean?
I would rather be void of purpose than have the void be my purpose.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
What do "Krypter" and "wilco" mean?

'Krypter' is BSG's version of 'Mayday'. 'Wilco' is standard radio brevity code for 'will comply.'

Offline Magpi

gotcha
I would rather be void of purpose than have the void be my purpose.

Offline KaraBulut

• Friendly old school gamer
I sent some recordings. Hope they will be helpfull.

Offline Sololop

I had the recordings. But due to unforeseen circumstances (Computer vomited into itself) I'll have to do them again some other time.

Is this still open? I wanna participate in it. :D
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 07:28:02 am by Keaney Ashcroft »

Offline newman

Yes it is. It'll remain open until we have all the roles assigned and have announced we've started recording the VA. We're still polishing some of the dialogue, after missions are considered final we'll assign roles and get back to people who would fit those roles best. Until then, the more the merrier - so sure, send your samples :)

Offline MDS

Oh thank god the Diaspora website's back, I thought maybe the BSGO people had nuked you.

I signed up here to V/O audition for Blue Planet, but if you're still auditioning for Diaspora I'll definitely submit one here too. I love BSG and I reckon I could do an OK Gaius Baltar voice ^^

Offline newman

The site was never gone, we just switched the address to www.diasporagame.com (old one was diaspora-game.com). By all means send us your voice samples. We don't need Baltar atm and probably won't in the foreseeable future though; we'll basically need voices of pilots and possibly the Theseus's comm officer, stuff like that. Just follow the instructions on what to record and you should be fine. Looking forward to hearing more samples.

Offline MDS

Hehe np, but if you need someone who sounds like a poor impression of him I've got it covered :P Will send something in

Newman, what do you need said by the Commander. And I'll get started today on it today. Theseus arriving, commander on deck. And taking over cap duties for the fleet.
Gun batteries Alpha  through Echo, prepare  for target bearing. Switch to salvo fire. and target their center axis. X.O. send a marine detail to secondary D.C. central. Prepare 
to repel cylon boarding party.  You can P.M. me if you would like.