Author Topic: SoTS II (Proper this time)  (Read 8049 times)

Re: SoTS II (Proper this time)
http://www.google.hr/images?hl=hr&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=inquisition+warhammer+symbol&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Here you go.

B.t.w. - in the mod for SOTS I made, I added lots of badges and avatars, including Freesapce ones ;)
Yeah I know about your mod, and I love it.  You need GTA and GTI badges though instead of just the GTVA.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

I can't wait to see how they do damage modeling...I can't wait to see how they've done ship design. I hope it isn't the same 3 parts system, that'll make me a bit disappointed.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR

Well, actually, much as I freaking love SotS, the decision to make it impossible to add new races was a bad one from the point of view of modders, but that's about my only complaint (That and the impossibility of adding new random encounters)

Well, Kerberos is a very small company. The fact the the game is as moddable as it is, is a very good thing.
Note that the "not adding new races" part is partially due to the core mechanics. Each race has a completely different drive system. Adding a new race would require a new drive system...and sice drive system make the core of the gameplay and programming.

I'm more peeved that there's support for sub-factions (I wanted to combine my mod and ACM)
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
New screenshots.

http://www.gamershell.com/pc/sword_of_the_stars_2/screenshots.html

Getting purdier by the minute :D

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
They're a bit cartoony for my taste...
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

I will say that the SolForce Leviathan picture does look cartoony with the hyper-saturated colors, however the Hiver pictures just look like they have a ridiculously bright specular map.  If those Hiver shots remind me of anything I would say Mass Effect 2.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I feel like I should play this game. The Wiki crawling I did made it sound awesome.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
It is. The aweasomenest game ever.
I don't give praise lightly, but Kerberos became my favorite developer ever.

Also note that the screenshots of the Leviathan are early shots. It's not yet fully done. And, colorful really means nothing in space, given the distances in which battles take place, painting stelthy is meaningless.

There's plenty of room for variance between "stealthy" and "Saturday morning cartoon".  If Kerberos would drop the saturation so my eyes wouldn't start bleeding every time I see the colors it would be perfectly fine.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Yeah, the whole Shiney Blue and Gold spaceship thing with glowy bits is kinda awful looking.

For that matter, I wonder what the justification for glowy bits is? Radiators? I wouldn't make them that obvious...

A Feddie Story

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I heard that heated metal glows  ;7

Heated metal glows bright neon blue? :wtf:

Or, you could look at the glowy blue bits as SolForce saying their reactors are so powerful they can light their ships up like Las Vegas and still have enough available power to blow you to smithereens.

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
The Hiver ship looks good, but uggh the Solforce ship has a horrible color scheme.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
The Hiver ship looks good, but uggh the Solforce ship has a horrible color scheme.

I think the colour scheme is garish on purpose, to be a distraction.  Which seems to be working since none of you seem to be commenting on the fact that the ship design itself is repugnant.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Let me get some screenshots of how good SolForce ships can look with a decent paint job.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
I think the colour scheme is garish on purpose, to be a distraction.  Which seems to be working since none of you seem to be commenting on the fact that the ship design itself is repugnant.

Oh I know the design is repugnant, but we have to work down. First we fix the presumably customizable part.

A Feddie Story

Never mind the pictures, the guy doing the re-texture sucks.

Oh, and I'm surprised TrashMan hasn't mentioned his designs for human ships in SotS.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Why should I? This is a SOTS 2 thread, not 1.

But I personally wasn't a fan of the nodering and the flimsy-looking human ships in SOTS1, which is the reason I re-modeled them. But SOTS 2 human ships are looking better. More solid....quite clearly like the human design and manufacturing methods are going forward.

Well Trash, I thought we were discussing in general the semi-competent engineers SolForce has managed to hire.  Something about the lowest bidder probably.

Oh, and for the rest of you, the Human Leviathan may look like crap, but the Cruiser looks like a flying metal brick, and I mean that in the heavily armed and armored kind of way.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 09:34:29 am by SpardaSon21 »

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Nice turret coverage on the ventral side
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them