Author Topic: Anyone wan 2 maek a Tev (GTVA) Campaign? (or more accurately, Steele fanclub)  (Read 23295 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: Anyone wan 2 maek a Tev (GTVA) Campaign
Read the techroom, their ideology is actually very interesting. Cometary Man as the future of mankind, Shivan-proof and unlimited in its expansion.
There's a perfectly good planet down there we've been living on for millions of years, it's anyones guess why these punks want to live on a ****ing comet. No wonder they're so stupid. Their ideology is laughable.

In fact they're the only group I actually have a hatred for. I hope we get to p4wn them a bit in WiHR2.

Offline Darius

Gef ships are powered by renewable energy: Solar Wind Power!

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Cometary Man as the future of mankind, Shivan-proof and unlimited in its expansion.

Of course any claim of Shivan-proofing is not wise, nor likely to survive emperical experiment.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Just for anyone who wasn't here for the fanboying over Steele, me and Dilmah G are currently brainstorming ideas for this GTVA campaign.

Anyone who lieks to IRC, there is now an IRC channel on esper called "#bp-tev". Join in and help us think of new ways to kill Buntu!

Offline Satellight

• Star Dreamer
Never far away from HLP and from a computer with an installed FreeSpace.

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)

:lol: It's now my wallpaper...

Success on Useful Dave's part then.

Snail, I will seriously get on to the IRC at some point and help you out. I'm always up for killing Buntu.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Cometary Man as the future of mankind, Shivan-proof and unlimited in its expansion.

Of course any claim of Shivan-proofing is not wise, nor likely to survive emperical experiment.

Nope, but the ability to disseminate the population across interstellar distances without subspace travel is a definite plus for the claim.

Offline Infamus

Re: Anyone wan 2 maek a Tev (GTVA) Campaign? (or more accurately, Steele fanclub)
hey i have a Shivan proof idea!, make highly mobile mini-konosi and place them anywhere you THINK Shivans may get through and use them to PREVENT nodes from forming or the Shivans from using THEIR konosi (I.E. Narlethotep's(SP) built-in Konosos)
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH
BARRA
BARRA
BARRA CUDA
yeah

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Re: Anyone wan 2 maek a Tev (GTVA) Campaign? (or more accurately, Steele fanclub)
A Terran (i dismiss Ubuntu words for our glorious civilisation) campaign should start either-

A- as another LOYAL pilot at the Orestes / Renjian conflict aftermath, just as Bei jumps out, Third fleet backup arrives.

B- Steels takeover of fleet actions in Sol.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Snail

• SC 5
hey i have a Shivan proof idea!, make highly mobile mini-konosi and place them anywhere you THINK Shivans may get through and use them to PREVENT nodes from forming or the Shivans from using THEIR konosi (I.E. Narlethotep's(SP) built-in Konosos)
wtf

A- as another LOYAL pilot at the Orestes / Renjian conflict aftermath, just as Bei jumps out, Third fleet backup arrives.
The plan now is for the Tev campaign to start a few weeks after that, actually.

Offline Flak

I think would be more appropriate story wise to be like Command & Conquer 3 campaign type of story, which the 3 campaigns are actually the same story in the same time as each other, you are just looking at the same story from different sides which shows the overall picture when combined.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I think would be more appropriate story wise to be like Command & Conquer 3 campaign type of story, which the 3 campaigns are actually the same story in the same time as each other, you are just looking at the same story from different sides which shows the overall picture when combined.
We are contemplating doing that but it'd make it harder to empathize with the characters.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
You don't necessarily have to faithfully adapt the Ubuntu side of BP either. You could subscribe to the earlier C&C method and tell different stories for different sides. :P
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Flak

Or alternatively, Starcraft style, in which one campaign take part chronologically after the last. That is another way, at least to avoid multiple endings.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Or alternatively, Starcraft style, in which one campaign take part chronologically after the last. That is another way, at least to avoid multiple endings.

This seems like the original plan.
The GTVA campaign would be from the start of the war to about...the capship mission?
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Or to Artemis Station
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Which is set at the same time as Artemis.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Which is set at the same time as Artemis.

Not quite. There's a slight but significant gap between the two.

Offline starlord

let's remember to include the battle of neptune in it then... :nod:

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Nah guys, set it after Part 1. Make it a GTVA victory campaign Whether that jives with the actual Part 2... we'll see. :p
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."