Author Topic: Nice music!  (Read 4427 times)

Offline azile0

• Resident Trekkie
I'm playing through WiH after a friend brought me back to FS2 (To be honest, WiH brought me back. ;D) and I must say, the music.. THE MUSIC.. I'm grinning as I chew through Gaians and GTVA. And you used Apocalyptica. I was really surprised when.. I think you used Romance, came on.

Rock on. Literally.
You get one chocolate chip.

. <--- There it is.

Self-proclaimed master of the Keypad.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I'm playing through WiH after a friend brought me back to FS2 (To be honest, WiH brought me back. ;D) and I must say, the music.. THE MUSIC.. I'm grinning as I chew through Gaians and GTVA. And you used Apocalyptica. I was really surprised when.. I think you used Romance, came on.

Rock on. Literally.

RAWK

I second the thought on how incredibly awesome the music was.

I also have a question on it: the song that plays during the second half of the final mission, the one with epic Latin chorus... does this song have a proper name beyond "immediatemusic3"? I'm convinced I've heard it before, but am unable to place it.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I second the thought on how incredibly awesome the music was.

I also have a question on it: the song that plays during the second half of the final mission, the one with epic Latin chorus... does this song have a proper name beyond "immediatemusic3"? I'm convinced I've heard it before, but am unable to place it.

I think it's Preliator.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
It's a mix of Preliator and another track called Lacrimosa, both I think by Immediate Music/Globus
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
It's a mix of Preliator and another track called Lacrimosa, both I think by Immediate Music/Globus

Yep, it is.

In other words. Insanely epic.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Me on the other hand... I believe music was way more impressive on AoA (Actually this is the one thing on which WiH let me down)
Not sure why right now... maybe the new music was kinda slow paced for the kind of campaign you pulled off.
el hombre vicio...

Awesomeness.

That song in particular I thought was well-used. It's extremely dramatic, but in the context it's used, also horrifying and sad. Really brings home the feeling of "Oh ****!"
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Me on the other hand... I believe music was way more impressive on AoA (Actually this is the one thing on which WiH let me down)
Not sure why right now... maybe the new music was kinda slow paced for the kind of campaign you pulled off.

It's because there was on Aim. I'd say there were more good tracks in WiH than AoA, but there was nothing to surpass Aim.

Loved that end credits music though. Vocals in FS, who knew? :yes:
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I listened to apocalyptica.ogg for like eight hours today on my iPod.
Best thing I've ever heard on FreeSpace. Ever.
And it's used for the Main Menu. :lol:

How about a nice track listing for those people who want to extract the .ogg files, convert them to mp3s, and add them to their ipod?  :)

The names that come straight out of the .vp are sort of vague, am I right?

Offline azile0

• Resident Trekkie
Well, I could convert the entire .vp contents into a .rar with them all as .mp3s, if anybody wanted it.
You get one chocolate chip.

. <--- There it is.

Self-proclaimed master of the Keypad.

Well, I could convert the entire .vp contents into a .rar with them all as .mp3s, if anybody wanted it.

Yeah, that'd be nice, allthough I think it would cause some problems. Some of the songs are comercial and I don't know if you could upload them legally. It'd be nice though
Corpus Delicti, near Release!
I'm Sorry for my quite bad English, I'm German.

Offline Belisarius

• I will not give up my ship!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Legends of Middleearth

Yeah, that'd be nice, allthough I think it would cause some problems. Some of the songs are comercial and I don't know if you could upload them legally. It'd be nice though

We only use this music within the limits of the fair use rule. For WiH part 2 we're, however, trying to use more selfmade tracks by DaddyWarhol and me.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
I thought they let you use that music if you didn't plan on selling whatever that music is on.
Blue Planet is free to download, so there should be no problems, right?

I want it, please!
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Belisarius

• I will not give up my ship!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Legends of Middleearth
I thought they let you use that music if you didn't plan on selling whatever that music is on.
Blue Planet is free to download, so there should be no problems, right?

I want it, please!

As said, we use it within the limits of the law for fair use, so we're ok, but I don't know if this would still be the case if you'd upload this music now. I'd leave it. ;)

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I need to know, what is apocalyptica.ogg's source?
The main menu music.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Open credits in tech room or open credits.tbl, all external sources for assets should be there. Including apocalyptica.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I'm not really comfortable with uploading all our music as as separate archive, but there's no way we can stop you from extracting it from the VPs.

Open credits in tech room or open credits.tbl, all external sources for assets should be there. Including apocalyptica.

Ah...didn't think of (but definitely should have) thought of that.