Author Topic: FEAR 3... yeah  (Read 1876 times)

Offline Nemesis6

• Tongs
So, FEAR 3 is coming out soon, or at some point... I tried the demo for FEAR 2, and it was so painfully obvious that this game was no longer FEAR; The gameplay was boring, aiming was crap, all that good console stuff. So, knowing what FEAR 2 was like, I see no reason whatsoever to even give FEAR 3 a chance. So what about you guys, any of you feeling delusional enough to give it a chance?  :D

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i thought the game mechanics were a bit better in 2 than the original.  it was the atmosphere (or lack thereof) and the soft-focus, grainy graphics that made 2 suck.

i'm not going to completely shut out 3, but the trailers and previews i've seen don't inspire a lot of hope.  (the point man has a face now, and he looks like a hobo.  fettel looks NOTHING like in fear 1, and the monsters were frankly laughable).
I like to stare at the sun.

I really didn't mind FEAR2, a lot of the **** things from FEAR 1 were gone, the story wasn't quite as good but the presentation was decent(better), and with a good PC the higher difficulties were quite fun.

If I could have FEAR with FEAR2s gameplay I would be very happy.

FEAR is all about the multi anyway these days ;P
"Neutrality means that you don't really care, cuz the struggle goes on even when you're not there: Blind and unaware."

"We still believe in all the things that we stood by before,
and after everything we've seen here maybe even more.
I know we're not the only ones, and we were not the first,
and unapologetically we'll stand behind each word."

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
I liked them both, and I look forward to this one.

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Same as above.

I didn't see F2 that much of a let down, I enjoyed the game quite a lot. Only thing that bothered was the games inability to recognize the extra buttons on my mouse, but it was nothing an exclusive F2 mouse profile couldn't solve.
Habeeb it...

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
I loved FEAR, scared the living day lights out of me the first time i played it with Alma just appearing out of nowhere esp in the liftshaft scene, and the bit where she is walking along and everything is exploding and you get blown out the window. Fear 2 for me lack similar scenes, even though it had more supernatural in it i felt it lacked in the supernatural if that makes sense. While fear 2 story wasn't as good as fear 1 it did have good elements in it such as the tragic character Keegan. I felt sorry for him as in the game he is a good person and becomes lost to Alma. I also like stokes as well, she is prob dead in the next game.

Fear 3 i am not sure about. I have just seen the new trailer and i did nothing to raise my interests. The point man looks like a scruffy drunk, and fettel dosen't look like fettel from the first game. Also the 3rd game i believe isn't being done by Monolith which is a big minus for me. So i might pass this one buy and go for Deadspace 2 for horror, but if i do get it they had better put on the box that it requires internet connection/Steam (that's if it requires it) as Fear 2 didn't have that requirement on the box!
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
Same as above.

I didn't see F2 that much of a let down, I enjoyed the game quite a lot. Only thing that bothered was the games inability to recognize the extra buttons on my mouse, but it was nothing an exclusive F2 mouse profile couldn't solve.

yeah that irritates me too.  sure sign of simple console port.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
I've never had a game register all of my mouse buttons out of the box XD

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
o.0  really?  FEAR 2 is the ONLY one that hasn't recognized the side buttons for me.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
FEAR 2 was meh IMO...it was prettier and it was still as creepy (from the demo I played), but the combat was dull - it got toned down from the "**** FLYING EVERYWHERE OFF THE WALLS OFF THE CEILING OH MY GOD I CAN'T EVEN SEE BULLETS LIGHTS GUNS BANG BANG" to more traditional "bad guy pops up, aim, fire, sparks fly off (wtf?)".
Not really interested in F3

Offline newman

Never tried Fear 2 but I found the first Fear extremely boring. After some introductory short level in some warehouse, you spend most of the game getting from the basement of an office building to the roof. During that time you keep going through same looking offices all the time and apart from a few scripted scares, just keep getting bored more and more. Once you finally reach the roof and think you're done sneaking between the damn cubicles, the game requires you to go back to the basement. Great :)
Fear was one of the most boring supposedly horror games I ever played. Just my opinion of course, some people seemed to like it, I never got what was so interesting as I was too busy getting bored out of my skull..
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

The FEAR series has a crapload of unanswered questions, especially about the meaning of the sentence "You shall be a God among men.", and I really want to know what kind of **** is going down after the events of Extraction Point where
Spoiler:
Your extraction heli is blown up, you fight off the Replicas, and then gaze out over the panorama of burning Seattle where Fettel makes his creepy monologue about fire in the skies, cities turned to ash, bodies in the streets, and retaliation.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
The FEAR series has a crapload of unanswered questions, especially about the meaning of the sentence "You shall be a God among men.", and I really want to know what kind of **** is going down after the events of Extraction Point where
Spoiler:
Your extraction heli is blown up, you fight off the Replicas, and then gaze out over the panorama of burning Seattle where Fettel makes his creepy monologue about fire in the skies, cities turned to ash, bodies in the streets, and retaliation.

the two FEAR expansions were declared non-canon.

"You shall be a god among men"  was answered.

Spoiler:
the point man was the first prototype, posessing the ultra-reflexes and psychic ... sensitivity i guess is the best way to describe that.  the ability to resist alma basically.  that's all it really meant