Author Topic: Buggy movies  (Read 1474 times)

I'm hesitant to start another tech support thread, but this has really been bugging me.  Ever since I starting playing Freespace (the original), the movies have been a bit wrecked.  I find that generally at the beginning they will get a broken record effect for either a very long time or forever, and that they sometimes (particularly with the final video) will get choppy in the middle as well.  I'm just wondering if anybody else had this problem, and if so, how they fixed it.

NotDefault
"Vasudans and Shivans don't wear clothes coz they told the serpant to go expletive himself. :D" - an0n

:(:(:(

NotDefault

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Might be your CD-Rom doesn't have DMA enabled. If you've got the space, you may be able to copy the movies to Freespace2\data\movies and get some better performance.
-C

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
I've experienced that before - I fixed it when I got a faster CD drive. ;)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Originally posted by Setekh
I've experienced that before - I fixed it when I got a faster CD drive. ;)

It's supposed to be 48x :).  I'm not sure if I can copy the movies onto disk because it's FS1 and it didn't give me that option on install (I installed everything to HD that I could), but I'll give it a try.

I'll poke around about the DMA thing too.
"Vasudans and Shivans don't wear clothes coz they told the serpant to go expletive himself. :D" - an0n

:(:(:(

NotDefault

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
Originally posted by NotDefault

It's supposed to be 48x :).  I'm not sure if I can copy the movies onto disk because it's FS1 and it didn't give me that option on install (I installed everything to HD that I could), but I'll give it a try.

I'll poke around about the DMA thing too.

Hmm...i have a 8x4x32x speed writer and a 48x speed player.
and both play the FS1 movies good, even my old 24x had no probs.

You can copy the movies by exploring the CD as you can't install them from CD. By using explorer you can drag and drop the movies.
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.