Author Topic: Does the Upgrade to FSport 3.2 require a new pilot file?  (Read 1863 times)

Does the Upgrade to FSport 3.2 require a new pilot file?
Hi!

I started playing FSport with version 3.11 and mediavps 3.6.12. After realizing those two don't go together well (Enter the invisible Dragon), I discovered FSport has been updated to 3.2 and is now compatible to the new mediavps 3.6.12.

Do I have to create a new pilot file (and restart the campaign) after updating from FSport 3.11 to 3.2, or will my old one work fine? I've read the file can get corrupted if you switch mods in the middle of a campaign, can this happen here, too?

[edit] One more question: I just unpacked FSport 3.2, and there is no data\movies folder, although I thought I downloaded an all-in-one pack. Are the cutscenes now included in one of the vp-files?

Thanks!

Defender
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 02:18:21 pm by Defender »

Re: Does the Upgrade to FSport 3.2 require a new pilot file?
It shouldn't NEED it, but to be on the safe side, you should create a new one.
"Neutrality means that you don't really care, cuz the struggle goes on even when you're not there: Blind and unaware."

"We still believe in all the things that we stood by before,
and after everything we've seen here maybe even more.
I know we're not the only ones, and we were not the first,
and unapologetically we'll stand behind each word."

Thanks for the answer! I created a new one to be on the safe side.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
You ought to be fine, just be aware that FSOpen 3.6.12 has new pilot code, so if you haven't updated your binaries since 3.6.10, you'll HAVE to make a new pilot.

And the cutscenes are now in odeon_fs1.vp. If you have FSO and MediaVPs 3.6.12, there's no need to download anything other than the Complete package. That's why it's Complete. :)
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...