Author Topic: *Under new management* BP2:WiH P1 Voice Acting Call  (Read 82360 times)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Re: BP2:WiH P1 VA Call: Minor roles reevaluated in 4 days
:O Onoz. Dramabomb!
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
Hey there just wanted to say good luck in finding appropiate voices. I'm looking forward to hearing the fully voice acted campaign more than anything else. Can't wait to hear Steele's ballsey, earth shattering dictation!

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
I hope many people audition for steele and we get ourselves a great performance as he is a highly appreciated character.

One of the in mission quotes say he is a "gentlemen psychopath". I was thinking of a voice similar to Admiral Bosch's in FS2. Calm, but you feel uneasy listening to him. I think admiral steele's voice will be quiet, yet have great presence. The kind of voice that makes you lean over and hang on every word. As if peering into a complicated and perhaps damaged soul. Though there are no regrets with admiral steele, whatever made him that way has taken such a perminent effect that he has become his past. He is the embodyment of mankind transformed by war with the shivans. Hardened, cold and efficient.

That's what I think anyways I could be wrong. My understanding of his character based on the fiction ive read (tech database and several posts) is that he is a cold but collected personaity, too intelegent and experienced for agrivated speach and shocking outbursts. 

BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
Aah yes, I forgot the charm part. Hence "gentlemen psychopath".
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
I like the contrast Admiral Lopez has against Steele. While playing WiH I always thought of the UEF as the good guys after seeing the GTVA betrayal in the previous instalment, but the way the Feds took a ruthless turn with the Wargods (and an unlucky Deimos) and took advantage of Lopez's love for those under her charge made me really sympathise with her. Christ I'm turning into a Tev. ;P

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
It's called an upgrade :nod:

Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Raiden

• Vassago's Dirge fanboy
    • Ministry of Truth
Though there are no regrets with admiral steele, whatever made him that way has taken such a perminent effect that he has become his past. He is the embodyment of mankind transformed by war with the shivans. Hardened, cold and efficient.
Nice  :nod:
/logic/reason/faith/tradition/knowledge/rhythm/space/religion/
Currently Playing: Dead Space 3
Eagerly Awaiting: Titanfall
I write for god is in the tv. I blog at Ministry of Truth.

Sent :P

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
Re: BP2:WiH P1 VA Call: Minor roles reevaluated on Oct 31st
So if I were to keep sending auditions... what would happen?

EDIT: To clarify, I don't want to send new auditions if it will mess up your evaluation process, but I am more than willing to otherwise as this project has seemed to infect me.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 01:00:01 am by bigchunk1 »
BP Multi
The Antagonist

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:

EDIT: To clarify, I don't want to send new auditions if it will mess up your evaluation process, but I am more than willing to otherwise as this project has seemed to infect me.
Honestly.  I am still working through the deluge that I got from the 30th to the 1st.  If you get it in before I get to the end of the queue, well you will be in this round, if not....

I suppose it depends on what we are going to do with the evaluations this round.  Personally, I don't expect any to be closed though, but we will have to wait and see.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
Heh, that makes sense considering I sent you a 5 meg at 11:59PM on the 31st. I'm sure i'm not the only one.

I think it's important to say that you've been a campion with coordinating this entire effort. Your follow up and attention to detail will help make this thing like AoA. The day the directors cut comes out will be a great day, to see everyone's character voices all integrated into the game, made all the sweeter since WIH is written as a character driven game. I'm positive the already immersive experience of WIH will be brought to life by these characters, just as it was in AoA.

And if anyone out there didn't audition yet... DO IT NOW!!!

I think I need to quell my excitement, but hey i'm already infected.  ;)
BP Multi
The Antagonist

Crap, crap CRAP!  My computer decided to take a massive dump and I only just got back online.  I suppose it's probably way the heck too late to audition for anything at this point?  

If not, I'll do my usual thing and record everything I'm remotely suited for, with the caveat that if the GTC Duke is planned to appear in the second half or BP3, I want that.   :p
"Courage is the complement of fear.  A fearless man cannot be courageous.  He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Crap, crap CRAP!  My computer decided to take a massive dump and I only just got back online.  I suppose it's probably way the heck too late to audition for anything at this point?
Well as I just told Bigchunk1...

Honestly.  I am still working through the deluge that I got from the 30th to the 1st.  If you get it in before I get to the end of the queue, well you will be in this round, if not....

I suppose it depends on what we are going to do with the evaluations this round.  Personally, I don't expect any to be closed though, but we will have to wait and see.

If not, I'll do my usual thing and record everything I'm remotely suited for, with the caveat that if the GTC Duke is planned to appear in the second half or BP3, I want that.   :p
As for what the future holds, I am not privy to that information.  You will have to bug Battuta, The E, Darius, or any other actual team member.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Oh good.  Recording underway.
"Courage is the complement of fear.  A fearless man cannot be courageous.  He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator

I asked that exact question on irc just for the hell of it. I think Snail or someone else said it defected so maybe. :)

Offline -Norbert-

Recording everything you're suited for is going to be a BIG job. I've started out doing the same thing and I'm currently at 90 lines (I'm about halfway through), not counting files that needed re-recording.
And those in the script are just the minor roles....

Makes you really appreciate the effort needed to get this huge project done.

Edit: Spellcheck
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 04:53:00 am by -Norbert- »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Having multiple options for every minor line does in fact really help us out, though. Don't feel obligated, but it's a saintly quest.

Recording everything you're suited for is going to be a BIG job. I've started out doing the same thing and I'm currently at 90 lines (I'm about halfway through), not counting files that needed re-recording.
And those in the script are just the minor roles....

Makes you really appreciate the effort needed to get this huge project done.

Edit: Spellcheck
I know it is.  It's really not all that difficult if you just buckle down and do it, though.  I'm working my way through the post from top to bottom, just got done recording for the Dea Icaunis, and set to start in on the UED Eris' wings when I get back from work tomorrow. 

Question re: the Pesedjet Control lines.  
# File: bp211s012.ogg
# "You are speaking to Captain Apries of the Pesedjet. The Gef boarding party inflicted damage to our fuel processors. We have multiple cases of radiation exposure and flash burns. Our emergency response teams have been overwhelmed."
# File: bp211s013.ogg
# "CIC, this is Engineering. Reactor containment has been compromised. We have multiple cases of radiation exposure and flash burns. Our emergency response teams have been overwhelmed."
Is Engineering really supposed to repeat exactly what the captain just said, or is this a copy error?  

Edit:  All recording is done and submitted.  I went with what the script says for the Vasudan dialogue noted above; if it is an error let me know and I'll re-record. 
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 04:07:08 am by Renegade Paladin »